Letter 5.

Dear Professor Carse,

                                              I'm glad to hear your wife has gotten over her cold. I had a cold as well last week, but there are more important things I need to tell you. I have to go to a class in twenty minutes, so sorry for the bad wording, I can't sit around all day to write poems. 

They found the guy that killed Maria. His name is Eric Crockie and he is sentenced to die in a weeks time. He confessed to everything, I know because I was I was in the jury that deemed him guilty. He killed eighteen woman and nine little girls that strayed too far from the road. And damn it, Professor Carse, he could recall each and every murder he ever did, including Maria's, in perfect detail. Details he wasn't ashamed to share with the jury. 

He didn't just drown Maria, he... god, he... I'm not going to say. Maybe if I don't say it, it won't be true. I know things don't work that way, but maybe this time whatever, or whoever controls fate will give me and Maria a break. I would say we more than deserve it.  Let's just say that I understand now why Maria had been getting angrier, and so does she.

Elena and I went on our second date a couple of days ago. I swear, she and Maria are the only lights in my life right now. I mean, Elena and I have only known each other for three weeks, but I feel like I've know her forever. I think, just maybe, I might love her. I know it's too early to tell her that, but I can tell my other friends. Maria and my sister are happy for me. My sister still brags that she'll still get married before I kiss Elena, but Elena is a grow woman with a "bigger than Earth" kind of vibe. If she wanted to kiss me, she would have. Not saying I haven't thought about kissing her, it just never felt right.  Anyway, Maria agrees that I should wait to kiss her, so I will. Though I'm not sure if I should listen to her. She wanted a one-night-stand and got killed.

Anyway, with Thanksgiving around the corner, you can hopefully understand if it takes me a while to write back once I receive your letter. My family is going to need help getting through the holidays and if Maria does leave after Mr.Crockie is put down, I'm going to need to find a new friend. Maybe Miss.Corded. Oh, that reminds me, I need to go say hello to her before I leave. I owe her a couple of candles if you remember. I might even see if I can get that photo for you, but I don't think she likes sunlight all that much, or any bright light, like the flash on my camera. I will try. 

I am going to miss Maria if she does end up fading. Honestly, she's made my life fuller and in her own little way, brighter. She's an amazing house mate and if there is one life I don't what, it's the life without Maria. I know that's cruel, but I wouldn't be... me if it wasn't for her.

                                                Best wishes, Arron.