Day 4

Okay, this is getting really mundane. I get out of my bed after Charlotte. I come down to the dayroom, Richard is called into the psychiatrist's office. Charlotte watches him go. Everyone else slowly trickles out of their rooms. 

Richard leaves the office and launches into a random dance without music, and announces that he is leaving today after lunch.

For breakfast we have pancakes, which are usually my favorite. But right now I just want to die. I'm literally in hell. However, it is not in the cafeteria. The most information we could get is 

"One of the adult patients had a situation and we are not allowed in the cafeteria." From Ms.Cookie. Instead we get trays brought to the day room. 

After breakfast,Charlotte is called into the psychiatrist's office. While she's in there I change my clothes.She comes out of there, clearly upset. She changes her clothes, and when she comes out she grabs me and pulls me down the hall. I follow only because no one is watching. 

"Dr.Martin is the same way as my grandpa," She whispers in my ear. Confused, I ask her what she means.

"You know, sex," My heart speeds up like my breathing. I run down the hall, but she grabs my arm, "Don't tell! He'll never let me out."

"But if I tell, he won't keep his job, and he won't be able to keep you in here," She shakes her head. 

"I want to tell," She requests. Ms.Cookie calls us to get away from the hall, we walk down the hallway. 

Dr.Martin calls me into his office. We go over my medications, then he asks if I have any questions. 

"What is it about 6 year olds that you find attractive?" At first he looks nervous, then he collects himself. 

"I don't know what you mean," 

"Like there must be something you find attractive if you have sex with Charlotte,"

He demands that I get out, so I do. He calls Charlotte in again, but I don't let her go in. 

"Now's the time to tell." I beg her not to go in, and ultimately she doesn't. After all, it's time for group. 

In group, when it's Charlotte's turn, the therapist asks about the abuse. 

"Who did it to you? Grandpa, right?"

"Grandpa and Dr.Martin," 

15 minutes later, the police are at the hospital, and Dr.Martin is in handcuffs. All of us are interviewed, and it takes all day. We get meal breaks, but no more therapy.

At my interview, I tell all I can. The police officer seems genuinely concerned for everyone's well-being.

"Dr. Martin ever touched you in a sexual way?"

"No, but he has to Charlotte,"

"How do you know this?"

"She always seems upset coming out of his office, also she told me,"

"Can you tell me how that conversation went?" I comply. He nods his head toward the door, thanking me for my time.

All the boys are confused, and Courtney explains what Charlotte said in group. 
"It's not your biz," I snap, after Richard asks if this is true. He nods his head,
"It is,"