[ C h a p t e r - T h r e e ]

RINGTONE TO THE SIDE. 

Savannah is American. Everyone in this story is American. 

Guys, remember that her family INHERITED the house. They also renovated it to suit their family more. It's an old house, meaning it was built in a different way than the houses are today. 

Chapter 3

On my way to my bedroom, I was stopped by my idiot brother. "Van!" he shouted.

I turned and looked at him; it was obvious that he was annoyed. "Yes?" I grinned innocently.

"Can you not give my number to random strangers?" I smirked at his comment.

"I'll try not to," I turned to walk to my room but he stopped me again by grabbing my arm. Instead of shrugging it off, I turned and looked at him.

"The guy said that he met you at the library. What were you doing there?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He dropped his hand from my arm and stood there, his blue eyes curious. His brown hair was disheveled, telling me that he'd gotten up from a nap recently and was most likely studying.

"I was getting a book for school," I replied, blinking a few times at him. He nodded. "He just walked up to my table, sat down and hit me with a bunch of pick-up lines."

"Do you need me to beat the guy up?" Jeremiah asked, crossing his arms. He was over protective of me. He wasn't a player in high school, the place he'd been only two years before. He was actually a nice jock, one who looked over the younger students to make sure they weren't being harassed. He was a peer mediator, too. As you can tell, we're complete opposites.

"No, I think I got it covered," I told him with a smirk. He furrowed his eyebrows and wrinkled his nose.

"Do you like this guy?" he asked.

I scoffed at the question while shaking my head. "No, not at all; he's a new student and he follows me around. He's aggravating," I explained.

"Just like you," my brother snorted, a smile on his lips. He started retreating back to his room. "If he calls me again, I'm giving him your number."

"No, you're not!" I snapped, desperation in my voice. "Right?"

"Tell him to try me," my brother turned in his doorway with a challenging look. I wrinkled my nose.

"Would you like that?" I couldn't help but smirk as my brother rolled his eyes.

"You're such a loser." He sighed, shaking his head while I just smiled and began walking towards my room.

***
My room is an array of different colors; containing a bit of pink. I know, I know; I don't strike you as the girl who loves pink. That's because I don't. I just like the color; it goes well with other colors, too. There's also green, black, white, and blue. 

I settled onto my bed and turned on my television, ready to play videogames when a knock came from the door. "Hey, honey. It's mom," she called. I was surprised she didn't just barge in. She does that a lot.

I opened the door to be greeted with my mother who had a box of half-eaten chocolate chip cookies. I immediately accepted her peace offering, not that there was a need to have one- my mother and I rarely argue. She laughed and entered my bedroom, closing the door behind her while I sat on my bed eating the cookies like a pig.  

"How was school?" my mother asked and before I had the chance to close the door, there was another knock. I groaned, putting the cookies down and walking to the door to see my brother standing there.