The Arrival

"Mom how much hotter can it get out out here? I feel like the sun is trying to personally brand me." Noah says while leaning against the smooth wooden railing of their front porch after setting down yet another heavy moving box.

" Ma why do we have so much stuff? I mean this is ridiculous. I could've sworn we didn't have this much stuff when you were telling us to help pack up the house."

Noah's mom chuckles and continues to make their family a refreshing lunch in their new home from what she picked up from the store on the way there.
"Oh Noah stop being such a baby your almost legal for crying out loud. You and your father will get a much appreciated break once I'm done making lunch. Now shoo go get back to work."

Ms. Vasquez shoves Noah back out the door to finish unloading the huge U-Haul.

"So figlio are you ready to start your new school tomorrow?" His father says with his Italian lilt while still unloading boxes. Noah takes a moment to think.

"...Am I ready? ...Do I want new friends...Will I fit in...Will I make the soccer team? Eh what does it matter anyway. It's only high school and my dad did say it was a nice town. I shouldn't have anything to worry about."

"Umm yeah it's cool. Its not as big of a deal as you and mom are making it out to be. I mean it can't be that bad right?"

"Well figilo only time can tell. Just be optimistic and you should do pretty well." Was the advice Noah's dad bestowed upon him. Noah and his father sits there in absent minded thought when a young girl comes their way holding what looks to be a basket.

ALYSSA'S POV:

"What do I say? Hi I'm Alyssa please take my basket. No that makes me sound like a weirdo. Ummm think Lyssa think. Hi, I would like for you to have this basket. No that's not it either I still sound funny. OMG this should not be this hard."

Coming out of her little mind bubble Alyssa realizes that she's reached her destination and that plan welcome basket is now a go.
"Here goes nothing."

"Hi my name is Alyssa me and my family would like to welcome you to our neighborhood with this gift basket."

Alyssa hands Mr. Vasquez the gift basket that's filled with fruits, muffins, cookies and many other delectable items before taking a step back to gather herself. Mr. Vasquez accepts the basket with a kind smile before saying thank you.
" Ohh yeahhh. I totally nailed that one. Score one for Lyssa!"

In amiss of her mental celebration Alyssa fist pumps the air completely forgetting her new neighbors are still standing in front of her. When she returns back to reality she notices the humorous stare from Mr. Vasquez who's fitted in a plaid polo button down and dark jeans. While who Alyssa is assuming is his son sports a more smoldering look in his eyes with the hint of mirth marring his handsome features. Alyssa had never beheld someone so effortlessly handsome in her whole glorious seventeen years of life. The man God in front of her stood easily at 6"1 with a lean soccer frame, with deep chestnut chocolate hair that fell slightly over one eye, moderately tanned skin, slightly full pink lips and the most amazing pair of emerald green orbs. In one word he was literally breathtaking. A shout pulls Alyssa out of her oggling mess of teen hormones.

" HONEY, NOAH LUNCH IS READY!"

Mrs. Vasquez shouts from the front porch when she notices Alyssa out by the drive way. She makes her way down the porch steps to greet Alyssa.
"Hello I'm Mrs. Vasquez but you can call me Sydney, and you are? Alyssa takes a moment to notice that good looks are a common denominator throughout the family. " Hi, my name is Alyssa Westchester but you can call me Alyssa or Lyssa either one is fine with me."

"Mrs. Vasquez gave me a kind smile and I hope I mirrored hers to the best of my abilities."

"I live two houses down from here and me and my family would just like to welcome you to the neighborhood. My mom sent me over. I gave your husband the welcome basket if that's okay with you?"

"Oh yes dear that's fine I just hope he hasn't eaten it all my husband sure does has an appetite on him. He likes to blame it on his Italian roots but, we all know that's code for him being greedy."

They all laugh at Mrs. Vasquez's joke as Mr. Vasquez replies back with" it's the truth though."

"Well I've gotta get back before my mom thinks I've gone missing. It was really nice meeting you all." "It was nice meeting you too I wish you could stay for lunch but if you must go who am I to keep you held up. Have a nice day Alyssa",said Mrs. Vasquez." You too."

As Alyssa goes to leave she notices she still has the stare of her new and very attractive neighbor so she offers a friendly parting wave before heading back home. On her short walk home she could literally feel a pair of eyes burning holes into the back of her head. Now a little more self conscious than normal Alyssa only prays she doesn't bust her butt on the way up the stairs of her front porch to her door as she had done many of times. Alyssa makes it to the landing in one piece. She does a quick little victory dance before going inside and shutting the door.

NOAH'S POV:

Noah chuckles at Lyssa's antics before him and his family heads back inside to enjoy their lunch. Noah is blissfully lost in the tasteful sensations of a turkey and cheese sandwich, fresh fruit and home made strawberry smoothies when he is interrupted by his dad.

"Figlio I saw the way you were looking at that Alyssa girl, do you like her?"

"I'm contently chewing on my delicious sandwich when mio padre comes out of the blue with one of his hunches again. Which reduces me to a spluttering mess at the dining room table indignantly choking on a turkey and cheese sandwich. Once I gather myself I politely address my father's last statement."

"That's completely absurd I've only just met her you can't be serious padre?"

Mr. and Ms. Vasquez sit there with knowing smiles on their faces as they observe their son.

"She seems like a really nice girl to me. I wonder if you will be attending the same school as her. I'm pretty sure she would have no problem showing you around. We should invite her and her family over for dinner to properly thank them for the welcome basket." "Yeah honey that sounds like a great idea."
Noah heads up to his room after helping his dad bring in the last bit of the boxes. Stretched out on his newly made bed Noah's mind is consumed with thoughts of his new neighbor. For what reason he doesn't know. After such a long day he doesn't have time to ponder on his thoughts of today's events before being succumbed by a dreamless night of sleep.

_________________________________________

Yayyy 🙌🎉 1291 words in my first go!I would love tons of feed back from those who read my first chapter of my very first wattpad story. With that in mind please be considerate. Any feedback is good feedback but any inappropriate comments will be deleted. So please vote, share, comment and like!

~Twl_infinitely~