Day 1

Whistling a catchy tune I made my way to the office with Noah in tow.

"Hey, Noah we are almost there."

  As I walked into the office I greeted Ms. Cathy and let her know that Noah was the new student and that he needs his schedule.

"Well, now that you're all situated I'm going to head to class. Here's my number in case you need something or its important."

Noah's POV:

"Now you just go straight down this hall and take a right and your first class should be the second door on the left."
"Thanks, ma'am." 

 Notebook check, pen check, and phone check. Here goes nothing. As I'm walking into what I assume is Ap English the classroom door is unbelievably squeaky. Gosh, they need to get that fixed immediately.

Walking smoothly to the teachers' desk I show him my schedule before he asks me to take my seat. Scanning the room most of the students look pretty normal. With the exception of a few, but every school has its weirdos.

"Today class I will be assigning everybody partners for this next project. The partners will be chosen at random, and no there will not be any changes made. What I choose is final."

I'm not too worried as the names are being called. Being that my last name is Vasquez most of the names are almost gone by now.

"Noah Vasquez and Emmajean Voltaire are the last set of groups. Now that everyone has their partner you may proceed. If there are any clarifications that need to be made don't hesitate to come up to my desk."

As I scan the room for my partner I guess she finds me before I can complete my full rotation.

"Hi! My name is Emma jean but you can call me Emma or Jean. Like the Wolverine's girlfriend from X-Men. Not saying that you're my boyfriend or anything. Umm never mind.  What topic do you want to choose for the project? I'm open to ideas, I'm just not too particularly fond of bugs. So...?"

I tried my best not to cringe at the speed of which this girl was rambling on but, found the task rather difficult.

Great now, I have just been stuck with a total loon who talks a mile a minute. Putting back on my cool facade all I did was nod and agree. That always works. It feels as if the class period is droning on when I hear the delightful sound of the bell signaling that the class period is over.

Oh, thank God. That girl was a total nightmare when it came to my patience. Alright, so I see that my next class is criminal justice essentials. Sweet!

Looking up I start to notice the stares I'm getting from everybody in the hallway. Some good and some bad. I straighten my back and put more stride into my steps.

I remember from previous experience that if you show fear you will quickly end up on the bottom of the food chain. Halfway to class and making good timing, I'm stopped by a  group of students I assume is the elite group or the cool kids.

How do I know this? Well, with just a glance at the faces of the other students and all of them seemed to have turned or cowered away but I could tell they were all now listening.

ALYSSA'S POV:

Kiko and I were at our lockers gathering our stuff for our next class. Unfortunately, Kiko does not take any law classes at all. Even though that's what I eat, sleep, and breathe.

"Alyssa look." 

I take my time to finish gathering my things before looking. Knowing Kiko she likes to make a fuss out of nothing. I slowly start to direct my gaze into the direction that Kiko is pointing in when I finally see it. 

At the further end of the hall is Noah being confronted by a group of students but, not just any students. Some of them I used to call friends but, that was a long time ago. Being pulled out of my thoughts I feel Kiko pinching the hell out of my arm.

"  Ow! What the hell that hurts Kiko".

 "Well if you didn't just space out on me I  would not have to bring you back like that".

"Point made."

" Soo... is that him?" 

"Yeah that's Noah, I had to give him a ride to school this morning. When I came downstairs for breakfast he was already there chatting it up with my mom. My family and I are supposed to be going over to his family's house for dinner tonight."

"Really how did I miss that? I was with you briefly this morning and let me tell you, you do not forget a face like that!"

" I know right but it looks like I'll be giving him a ride every morning until his car gets here. Something about the cars taking longer to be shipped or something. Who knows? See ya at lunch."

Kiko and I part ways after our quick chat. As I make my way down the hall I hear bits and pieces of Noah's conversation. With a quick roll of my eyes, I'm almost past the small group when I hear my name being called. I turn to see Noah striding into my direction while having a semi-serious look on his face. Taking a glance past him I see the unsavory looks being thrown my way. 

"Hey what period do you have next?" 

I say checking my watch to make sure I'm not late to class. It takes him a moment before he responds but it is the same as my next class so, I tell him we're headed to the same place. Walking into class I take my usual spot by the window towards the back of the class and put my headphones in my ears. I miss Noah's introduction due to the music blasting in my ears. I'm assuming it's over as he goes to take a seat next to me. I adjust the volume on my headphones as the teacher starts the lesson. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see that the hand belongs to Noah so, I take out one earbud and throw him a questioning glance.

" What's up I whisper?" Trying to keep my voice down as to not be overheard by anyone else except Noah.

" I was wondering if I could sit with you at lunch since I have not met any new people yet.  ''

"Yeah sure that's fine. So what happened in the hallway earlier I saw you talking to some other students?" 

" That was nothing important. They just wanted me to join their group."

"So what did you say?"

" I said maybe. I'm not really sure about them yet. Something just didn't feel right with that group."

Noah trails off as if he's thinking about something and I accidentally snort out loud at his statement. Which causes a quick succession of heads to turn our way. The teacher gives me a stern look causing me to straighten my back a little. Just as I am about to put my headphones back in I hear the whispers start.

" Oh, she probably thinks she's cool since the new hot guy is sitting with her...I bet shes sleeping with him already...such a slut."

I sink down further into my chair feeling the weight of their words crush my spirit. I feel Noah trying to get my attention again but, I just tune him and the rest of the class out until the period is over. As soon as the bell rings I am the first person out the door.