Chapter 1

Third POV

It has been seven years. Seven bloody, goddamn years since Cassius ran away. There hasn't been a day where he doesn't think of that day. That's all he can see when he closes his eyes. The crisped body of Jason Martin, his pain was clearly evident from the whimpers that escaped from his lips. And the fire, there was so much fire.

Cassius was now fifteen years old now and he has changed a lot since that day. His lanky body was now lean but still skinny from all the running he has to do. His growth spurt had finally hit him, looming about 5'10 over his 4'9 height when he was a kid. As glad as he is for his sudden ability to see over people, it was a struggle for him to find clothes that fit him when his old clothes could barely cover half of his stomach.

He lost all of his baby fat around cheeks, which they are now sculpted from either genetics or the lack of food he receives. He was no longer skin and bones, receiving a bit of muscle mass here and there. His hair has also grew longer, curling around the edges as they reach to the tips of his ears. Dark circles were planted underneath his eyes from his very weird and hectic sleeping schedule.

Ever since that incident, he has been wanted and has been labeled as a dangerous man around innocent people. Cassius couldn't argue with that, people should stay away from him. Over the past seven years, he has been journeying around Europe, hopping from one town to the next, and being chased by the law enforcement.

The one thing that Cassius could look at the bright side in the situation is that he could explore around the world. Despite only being around the Europe area, Cassius has seen and visited the most magical places. With the art in France, the music at Spain, the history in Ireland, the alcoholic beverages in Germany (even though he can't get drunk), and the delicious food in Italy. The cultures in these countries were extraordinary, but it would have been more fun if he had someone there with him to share it with.

Cassius couldn't stay at one place for too long, he has to keep running. The longest he has ever stayed at one place, it was about a month. And the was because he needed to recollect new supplies. Being on the run, you tend to lose a few things here and there. He quickly learned that he had to carry light and decide which is essential and which weren't. Cassius, however never lost the small picture that weighed in his front pocket. He sometimes clutches it to his chest when he tries to sleep.

One of the many downsides of being on the run, is that Cassius couldn't stay at a luxurious hotel or stay at a temporary home just to take a breather. Cassius usually sleeps in run-down motels when he has money, which isn't much. He shivers when he thinks about the times he had to sleep behind dumpsters, the stench rolling the small amount of food he has in his stomach. He would sometimes sleep at parks, woods, benches, or even abandoned buildings.

Throughout his journey, Cassius made sure to keep minimum friends and those people were just acquaintances. He only talked to people when he need directions or help translate a word when he couldn't teach the word to himself. He couldn't let people in. What was the point in getting attach to someone when you were just about to leave the next day?

Over the past few weeks, word about him being wanted has dimmed away. The law enforcement seemed to almost give up on finding Cassius, believing that there is a possibility that he might be dead. It was better for people to forget about him, its for the best.

His destination right now, is to go to Greece. He has heard from other tourists that the waters were so clean and clear, that is was like looking through glass. Cassius had to see it for himself. He was currently in Sokovia, a place that Cassius didn't even knew existed. He kinda knows why because this place isn't much. It was a really poor city, overpopulated, and in desperate need of financial needs. He had to cross through a fence, accepting the fact that it would mostly likely be illegal and would bite him in the arse in the future. Sometimes, there would be these horrible riots that causes many injured citizens. Apparently, they don't take liking of any warfare when in the past, there was some sort of bombing that took place, taking away innocent lives. Cassius has seen and been in worst places.