Chapter 3

WARNING: !!THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES BLOOD AND TORTURE, WITH SOME (SLIGHT) GRUESOME SCENES!! 

Third POV

In the corner, of what Cassius is going to assume is going to be his new 'room' for whoever the hell knows, was himself. His back leaned against the wall, his legs pulled pulled up to his chest as he plopped his arms on top of his knees. He was once again dressed back into his itchy sweatpants and a new tank top, dirtier and uncomfortable as the last one. For days, he has been nothing but a lab rat to these people.

Cassius licked his dry and chapped lips, his own tongue feeling like sandpaper as he swallowed the last bit of saliva he had in his mouth. The shock collar around his neck was uncomfortable and he found it hard to breathe with it around his airway. There was already a bright red mark around his neck, already darkening and bruising. The more he wears it, the more he knew there was gonna be a scar. However, he rather take the uncomfortableness than being electrocuted with a thousand volts of electricity any day. Cassius shivered, the memory of feeling his nervous system being fried still fresh in his mind.

His filthy toes curled, feeling the dust move around in between them. His skin was already starting to pale, the result of the scientists drawing too much blood that he was still woozy from the procedure. Face sunken in a bit, the bags underneath his eyes were eve more prominent, making it look more like black eyes than the effect of the lack of sleep he was getting. Hair tousled as he kept running and tugging his hair multiple times when he was thinking or panicking.

The bandage that use to be bright white, stained with red around the bullet around his shoulder, was now a beige color, praying that its not infected. Hazel eyes that were placed in a glare, wonder to the top corner of his cell, watching one of the cameras pointed right in his direction, a little red dotted light indicated that it was on. Cassius fingers twitched and he resisted the urge to glance at his so call bed. Instead, he settled to look down at his hands.

Twiddling with them, Cassius clenched his hands into fists. Then, very slowly, he unclenched them, his eyes reflecting against the light of the fire that he could magically conjure up with the palm of his hands. The tiny fires, each engulfed his hand like a second layer of skin. No heat, no pain was inflicted on him. Just warmth, power, anger, rage, and oddly comfort. Twisting his wrists here and there, observing the way the fire dance across his hand and lighting up the dark room. This was main reason he was captured in the first place. His so called power was more a burden than a gift, wishing nothing more than to just be normal.

Snapping himself out of his thoughts, he quickly quenched the fire in his hand by clenching his fist, steam rolling out between his fingers as his cell door was opened. Glancing up, a scowl formed around his face as none other than Baron Strucker strolled up to him, two guards following him like dogs trailing behind him. Once again, Cassius resisted the urge to flip him off or curse at him until his face turned red. However, the collar grew heavier around his neck, a reminder on what would happen if he pulled a stunt like that.

"Mr.Keen, your results just came back in. Would you like to hear them?" Cassius could hear the rhetorical question behind his words, settling to stay quiet.

With the snap of his fingers, Strucker had his hand out. Obediently, one of the guards shoulder the rifle strap over his shoulder before reach behind him and pulling out a rectangular object. From the reflection of the light was provided by little sunlight streaming through the locked up small window, Cassius quickly assumed it was some electronic device. A laptop? Tablet seemed more reasonable as Cassius watched Baron start frantically typing and sliding across the screen.