Chapter 4

Cassius POV

Opening my eyes, everything felt like it was going in slow motion. I could see the way the snow crunched until it melted into water as the metal arm men stepped on it with his steel-toe combat boot. The way the man's clothes creased and wrinkled as he twisted his body, metal arm raised up in the air, face pinched in a feral growl, ready to deliver another blow to my face.

My vision felt unfocused, the sweat stinging in my eyes as I felt like I was stuck underwater. Noise muffled, the only thing I could hear was my panting and my heartbeat. And even that was going at a slow rate. It was like the metal man knock me upside the head so hard, that it was taking my brain a while to register that fact that I was gonna get my arse handed to me.

Slowly licking my busted lip, I manage to glance up with bleary eyes. Pupils dilating when it caught the reflection of the metal arm, my head was tossed viciously as another blow was directed to me straight to my nose.

Nostrils burning as if a thousand fire ants were crawling inside my nose, it seemed the man knock my brain back into place as everything went back to normal. Which I quickly hated.

As my body slammed to the ground, back first as I stared up at the white sky, everything in my body was flipped back on. Senses hitting me full force, I cried out in mixture of pain and anger as my slashed back, still freshly wounded, touched the cold snow. Puffing my cheeks, the quick pain flaring on my back muscles swiftly changed into a dulling sting as the cold ice touched my feverish skin. The snow quickly started to melt underneath my heat.

Licking the blood from my teeth, I could already feel the trickle of warm blood trailing down my nose before twisting in direction, gliding down to my cheeks where another cut was present. Just as fast as the second punch appear, I saw another metal fist heading straight back to my face. This time, with a little bit of adrenaline, I managed to roll my head to the side, feeling a rush of wind grazing past my ear.

I winced when his metal arm slammed against the cobblestone, the ground shaking from the force of the punch. It sounded like a canon was going off, leaving a slight ringing sound in the inside of my ear. Staring wide-eyed at the crater created by the man, I knew I wasn't exaggerate on how hard this man can punch. I wouldn't be surprise of he could knock my head right off my neck with one mean right hook.

Ungracefully, I twisted my body away from him before crawling, trying to get as much as distance from him and I as much as possible. Keeping my eyes on him, I grunted at my sore and battered body, one of my hands quickly brushing the blood from my face. Ignoring the throbbing sensation spreading across the middle of my face, I forced myself onto my knees.

I knew I was moving too slow when it only took the Winter Soldier one step to reach me. I saw the way his leg muscle flexed as he lifted his knee up high before he planted the bottom of his leather, combat boot straight to my chest.

A slight oof flew past my lips as the harsh force launched me backwards and I was once again on my ass. A violent cough rattled against my chest as I coughed violently. Turning my head to the side, I spat out the mouthful of blood that rose up in my throat. Seeing the red stain on the pure, white snow was unsettling. I could have potentially broken a rib or two by this point. In the corner of my eye, I spot Strucker, watching getting my arse handed to me.

Before I could curse the guy in my head with every word that I know in the dictionary, I felt a smooth, metallic grip wrapping around my airway. Hard as steel fingers managed to wrap above the collar. What a shame. Instinctively, I began to claw and punch the metal hand that was choking me. But my actions were futile. Gurgling noise escaped past my lips as the man with the metal arm lifted me off of my feet, as if I weighed nothing but a feather to him.