Chapter Four: Dreams

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I honestly forgot about this for a while, but here it is! There is some - a lot - of Nalu in here, so I hope you like it! I LOVED writing it!! :D

Enjoy!

"So the men said they were after a blonde girl?"

Natsu nodded.

"Are you sure they were talking about Lucy?"

"They had to have been."

The group was back in town now. Wendy was exhausted from healing the woman and Gray, but she claimed she was very close to ridding the woman of the virus. Natsu was telling the others about what he heard the men saying.

"Do you have any idea why?" Erza was trying to get as much information out of him as possible, but he had already said everything he knew.

"No, no idea. They said their master didn't explain much. One of them said he told them he wanted the blonde girl, one of them said he told them he wanted the guy."

"The guy? What could that mean?" Lucy spoke up. She had been quiet for most of the time, which concerned Natsu slightly.

"I figured it meant Gray, since they tried to grab him," Natsu answered.

"But he did try to get you to go with him," added Gray.

"I suppose it doesn't really matter who they're after," Erza mused. "They could be the ones behind this epidemic."

"It could be their master," said Lucy.

"The sun is setting," Erza cut in, glancing outside. "We should stay the night here and continue our research in the morning."

When they asked, Jona gratefully led them to the town's inn. Erza suggested they only buy a couple of rooms, to save money and provide protection in case someone came during the night. Natsu and Gray made a point of not getting a room together, so Erza finally said she and Gray would be in one room, and Natsu, Lucy, and Wendy would be in the other. Natsu grew nervous at the thought of spending the night with Lucy.

The receptionist handed them their keys, and they entered their rooms. Natsu pushed the door open and froze, causing Lucy to walk into his back. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"There's only two beds."

"Oh..." Lucy peered around Natsu's shoulder. "Well, Wendy and I can take one, and you can have the other."

"What about Happy and Carla?" said Wendy.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine," Carla spoke up.

"Aye."

Natsu shrugged. "Fine by me."

Natsu tossed his things on the floor next to one of the beds and fell flat on top of it. His mind relaxed the moment he hit the pillow, and within seconds, he was asleep.

~❤~

He opened his eyes.

Huh? Where am I? he thought. He had never seen this place before. Actually, he couldn't see it now. It was complete darkness, all around him, pressing hard on all of his senses. It seemed like pure nothingness. His limbs began moving of their own accord, and as he walked, he called out for anyone that might have been there.

After what felt like forever, his legs were screaming at him to stop, and he conceded. He collapsed onto his backside, breathing slightly harder than normal, his arms propping him up from behind on a surface that couldn't be seen. He sat up and, using his hands as a microphone, screamed, "Hello?! Is anyone there?"