Chapter Five: Stolen

GUYS WE HIT 100 VIEWS!! *throws a party* For a story that's still fairly new I think that's pretty good, thanks a lot to everyone!! :D

I tried to add in a few more Nalu feels this chapter, but it was a lot harder than last chapter. I hope you like it anyway, here you go!

Also, that picture hurts my heart.

Enjoy!

Natsu knew something was wrong before he opened his eyes.

He and Lucy had eventually fallen to sleep together after their talk. The rest of Natsu's sleep had been peaceful - until now. He wasn't sure what it was, but it made his skin crawl. He became very still, trying to hear it or smell it, but there was nothing.

A few minutes passed. It was dead silent, but the feeling wouldn't go away.

Then he heard it. One single footstep, in the hallway.

"Lucy," he growled, "get up."

"Mm?" she mumbled drowsily.

"Get up. Quickly." As he said that, he shifted away from her and sat up, his eyes turned to the door.

"Wha? Whaz wrong, Natsu?" she murmured, turning to him.

"They're here."

"Wh-what?"

Wide awake now, Lucy sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed. Natsu slipped off the bed and stood in the middle of the room, watching the door.

Another footstep.

"Lucy, go wait by the window, and when they come in, jump," said Natsu. It's only one story, she should be able to make a clean getaway...

"I'm not going to leave you here," she snapped, crossing to the other bed and grabbing her keys. "I promised I wouldn't let you get hurt."

"And I promised I wouldn't let these people take you. Go, hurry!" he pushed, turning to her.

"Natsu, I'm not le-"

The door flew in.

A pulse shot through the room, slamming both of them into the walls hard enough to leave craters. Lucy's keys dropped from her hands. Natsu cried out when something shoved him harder into the wall, cracking it under him. Something, a shadow almost, crossed the room to Lucy, who was on her feet again, her eyes darting back and forth between the figure and her keys.

"Well, this was rather easy..." The whisper seemed to come from all directions, but Natsu knew it was coming from the figure. "Of course, it is only natural for those fools to botch something this simple..."

"Who..."

Lucy was abruptly cut off when a hand appeared from the shadow and reached up. The fingers slowly landed on Lucy's jaw, and traced it; Lucy's eyes suddenly rolled up into her head and she slumped forward, but the figure caught her, treating her like a fragile work of art it wouldn't dare damage.

Natsu growled and tried to fight the force holding him to the wall. He managed to pick up his arm, only to have it slammed back down. "You..." A shout of pain tore through his throat as his head was jerked backward, forming a dent of its own in the wall.

"If it isn't the maggot who prevented the other two from returning..." came the whisper. Natsu strained as hard as he could, one eye shut in concentration, as he ever so slowly lifted his head. The figure was right in front of him, but he couldn't see its face, only that it was holding Lucy closely. It leaned in close to his ear, causing him to shy away, and the whisper ran out again. "I have plans for you..."