I am now

I smiled and managed to keep from laughing. My sides already hurt from it... The evening bell rang, telling us it was 3:00 am, and time to get back to our cabins. The harpies would love to eat us if they caught us. Nico grabbed my waist and said, "Hold on tight."  Before I could ask why he stepped into the shadows. It was cold, and dark. I was frightened, slightly. I knew I had to hold on tight or be lost somewhere I didn't want to be. I wrapped my wings around him, throwing my arms around his neck and clinging on for dear life. I do not like shadow travel. We landed on his bed. He fell out of the shadows first, I landed on top of him. He groaned in pain. Oops... Elbows... I rolled off, folded my wings, and slapped his arm. "You know I can fly right? And I don't like shadow travel?" My voice was was only slightly harsh, just enough to convey my point. "I know." He said, and he opened his mouth like he was going to say more, then quickly closed it. He slightly blushed and looked at the celling. I blushed too. I grabbed my night cloths, went to the bathroom and changed, then climbed into bed. And I had nightmares. Agin. Now it's just kinda normal for me, but tonight, tonight was different. They felt real, really real. Like I was there, being tortured. Stuffed into a small bronze cage, having my wings clipped and so on. Who ever was doing this was extremely exceptional with torturing someone. I didn't scream, well, not until they brought out a knife. It wasn't for me though. They had Nico. My best friend. He looked even deader than normal. They cut him. Digging the blade deep into his pale flesh. I screamed for his pain. They some how knew about my fatal flaw. My loyalty. That when they hurt my friends they hurt me. And I did hurt, I cried. I screamed. And someone shook me. I closed my eyes and tried to tune out the horrors around me. I opened them and I was back in the Hades cabin. Nico was shaking me, apparently I was screaming. I grabbed him and pulled him close. I hugged him, searching his arms for any mark. When I was satisfied it was only a dream I dried my tears from my face. I hurried my face into his shirt and breathed in the smell of him. He smelled like... Well, him. Every person has their own smell, and that's the bast way I can describe it. I just sat there, my face buried in his shirt, feeling good that he was here. That he was okay. "Are you okay Vi?" I moved back so I could looks into his eyes. Oh gods, he had so much pain and suffering in his life. I hugged him and whispered. "I am now." I sounded kinda sappy and romantic, but I don't know what I would do if he died. He was the only real friend I had ever had. Ever. I felt his arms tighten around me. And I had no intention of moving away, I could stay like this forever. But then the conch horn blew and we had to put on armor. I laced up my custom black and bronze leather and ran outside, sword in hand. Soul reaper hummed with anticipation, or maybe that was just my battle instincts kicking in. My mind was buzzing with curiosity to why we were called out here. All of camp was standing on the lawn in a mix of pajamas and armor.