The Downside to Greater Things

C O P Y R I G H T 
S T A T E M E N T

Copyright © 2021 by Xienna Ley

All rights reserved—
Not permitted to steal, reproduce, distribute, or transmit in any form by any means without permission from the lovely author in which you should probably contact. Honestly, it's rather rude. Please don't be rude, I'd have to hunt you down and with my stamina, I'd induce a heart attack. You'd be charged with plagiarizing and murder. For permission requests, write or email me, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,"
at the email :
xiennaley@gmail.com

T I M E L I N E

Start: 8/2021
Finished: TBA

E X T E N D E D
S U M M A R Y

All Wisteria Alkaios wanted to do was to ascertain the earth-shattering truth of why Alma Easton committed suicide, and why the alphabet is taught in chronological order.

Wisteria is an abundance of many things, and she's on the edge.

She's angry at herself for giving up, angry at her father not being able to cope, and absolutely livid at the world for taking her first and only perceivable happiness, Alma. Denial and grief engulf her entire being, on the wrath of destroying her completely. To top it all off, Wisteria's mother is determined to place her in any support group in a fifty-mile radius of her suffocating abode, pinpointing it as the solution to everything.

Here's the thing though: you simply cannot help someone who does not want to help themselves, and Wisteria is far from imagining herself as her own savior.

The groups are just ghosts for her, reminisces of the past, reminding her of all things wrong. She begins to find comfort and temporary healing in detrimental ways, which pertains to her new infatuation of substance abuse and self-destructive actions.

When Wisteria discovers that there is more to Alma's death than what she and everyone else around her thought, she's suddenly catapulted into a world of indescribable mystery. Everything she's known and believed washes away into oblivion.

Wisteria is on a journey, and secrets become terrifyingly present.

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

This was originally titled September is Suicide Season. I had taken the book down 5 years ago, due to the content containing horrid grammar and plot holes. It took a very long time, but I've finally decided to revise and publish it. I've added new characters and events, and I hope you'll enjoy them! When I've finished the book, I will post chapters from the old version as a bonus. There really isn't that much, only about six, but I feel like it would be interesting to see how many details have changed.

Also- a heads up on the content: mature themes will be introduced and very much present as this book is based upon the topic of depression, suicide, self-harm, drug abuse, and uncomfortable sexual situations. If you are easily affected or cannot handle such things, please do not read. 

I would like to dedicate this to younger me. For all the loneliest and heavy nights, even in the greatest of distances a star shines.

Happy reading.
Welcome to The Downside to Greater Things.

Xienna Ley