07

I rolled out of bed nervous, knowing it would be a long wait until (y/n) and I saw each other. I crossed the room to grab my phone and saw texts from both Daichi and Asahi.

Daichi: I just thought you might wanna do something special for your 18th haha

Asahi: hey what do you wanna do for your bday??

I responded to both quickly before tossing my phone on my bed and hopping in the shower. After, I went downstairs and saw that my dad had already left and my mom was on her way out.

"Koushi, I know you mentioned (y/n) might be stopping by," she said as she slipped on her heels. "Just make sure nothing funny happens since me and your father won't be home until later, okay?"

I blushed and nodded, too embarrassed to make eye contact. She kissed me goodbye and ran out of the house, her heels clicking on the floor. I quietly sat at the table alone and poured my cereal- I wondered if this was what it was like to live alone, like (y/n). The silence overwhelmed me after a short time and I packed my things and left for practice earlier than usual.

The sun had hardly risen when I got to the doors of the gym, where I could hear Daichi's voice calling out orders already despite me being early. Inside it was just him along with Hinata and Kageyama, practicing their quick attack. I waved at them as I headed into the locker room to change, and once I got out Tanaka, Noya, and Asahi had arrived, everyone gathered in a circle even though they weren't changed yet.

"Summer vacation is in a little more than a month," Daichi said. "So we need to start getting ready for the training camp now, instead of falling behind while we're there."

Everyone agreed and once the entire team had arrived and changed, we went into full gear. The time passed by quickly and once classes had began I was already a bit exhausted.

I floated through the day, dreaming of volleyball and (y/n) until it was finally time to go to practice again. Since we all kept our focus during morning practice, Ukai let us out early this time, saying he was feeling generous today. I quickly changed and got my things together, anxious to see (y/n) after our kiss.

"Hey," Daichi called out just as I was stepping out of the gym, Asahi trailing behind him. "Wait up."

I stopped, nervousness building in the pit of my stomach as I realized they would need an explanation of where I was going in such a hurry. I knew this conversation was coming eventually, and I knew I'd have to break Asahi's heart but I really, really didn't want to.

"Where are you going, Suga?" Daichi asked, both of them facing me. I began to stammer and I was unsure of how to answer despite rehearsing the moment in my head throughout the whole day.

"I, uhm, I'm-"

"Are you going to hang out with (y/n)?" Asahi asked, no hint of sadness or jealousy in his voice. I felt heat crawl up my cheeks and stared down at my feet.

"Yeah," I said, my voice coming out more like a squeak than anything else.

"You don't need to hide it," Asahi said, smiling at me. "I said I wanted all of us to be happy and I meant it. If that means you two being together then that's okay."

I smiled up at him, relief washing over me. Daichi was smiling too, his gaze looking a bit far away.

"I'm happy for you." Daichi finally said, locking his eyes on mine. We all gave each other a mutual nod that said "We're all good" and said our goodbyes, both of them staying behind in the gym with the rest of the team as I began to walk home. I pulled out my phone and saw two texts from (y/n); one asking when I got home from school, the other telling me to hurry up before she started looking for me. I typed back as I walked down the road, assuring her I was on my way.