08

I like the way she fits so nicely in my arms, and how her hair brushes against my neck when she nuzzles in close. I like how she picks at her nail polish while we absent-mindedly watch TV, and how she rests her hand on my knee, drawing invisible patterns with her fingers on my sweatpants. I like being alone in my living room with her and pretending my parents won't come home tonight, imagining waking up next to her.

She continues running her fingers up and down my knee and I play with a piece of her hair while all this is going on in my head. It's around six o'clock and I know my parents won't be home for at least a couple of hours. My stomach growls as (y/n) is sprawled out half across me and she lets out an obnoxious laugh which I, of course, find endearing.

"Hungry?" She looks up at me from where she's laying and her expression is distant. She reaches up and runs a finger across my lower lip; as sexual as I'd always imagined the gesture it feels almost innocent and I let myself mirror the motion on her. Her lips were smooth and warm and I didn't realize I was leaning down to kiss them until I felt her hand on the back of my neck pulling me closer. I sighed into the kiss, closing my eyes as she shifted beneath me, pulling me on top of her. I immediately felt self conscious but I forgot it as she wrapped both arms around me, closing most of the distance between us. I felt my thoughts drift away, all of my senses too busy with how she felt beneath me, and the way her open mouth felt on mine, and focusing on not knocking my teeth against hers. It was a completely foreign sensation to have someone else's tongue in my mouth but it was also the best thing that's probably ever happened to me, so when she ran her tongue across my lower lip I couldn't help the low moan that escaped my lips.

She smiled into the kiss, pulling away for a moment to look at me. She held my face in her hands, skimming her thumb over the mole under my eye.

"I really love it," she said mostly to herself before pulling me close again, picking up where we left off. I slowly let one of my hands slide down the side of her body, ghosting over her curves as I brought it back up to her face. We kissed and kissed and kissed, and even when my lips felt numb I didn't want it to end. She tentatively ran a hand down my back, the other through my hair. I didn't care that she'd most likely kissed other people before, thoroughly enjoying learning how with her hands now placed on my chest, mine resting comfortably where her waist dipped into her hips, my thumb just slipping underneath her sweatshirt. I let my hand trail a little further up her shirt and the way she curved her back into my touch gave me enough confidence to go a little further. My fingertips just felt the bottom of her bra (it was lacy) when a loud ringing came from the kitchen, both of us jumping off of each other.

"Oh my god," she groaned as she ran to the table where she left her phone. I stood up and took a deep breath for the first time in seemingly years as she mouthed that she had to answer the phone. She slipped on her shoes and stepped outside, answering the phone in a tone I'd never heard from her before. I sat back on the couch and ran a hand through my hair, knowing it was messy but not quite caring. I was surprised the neighbors couldn't hear my heart pounding in my chest, along with my every nerve buzzing with electricity.

(Y/n) was outside for a while and I decided to go upstairs quickly and change into clothes I hadn't practiced in, opting for a slightly different pair of sweatpants and a fresh t-shirt. I put on deodorant before heading back downstairs, (y/n) still talking on the phone outside. I grabbed myself a glass of water and sat at the table, still trying to catch my breath. Another few minutes and she finally came back inside, her expression clearly troubled.

"What's wrong, (y/n)?" I ran over to where she stood staring at the carpet, my hands naturally finding their way to her shoulders. She took a deep breath and I could tell she was trying not to cry, her lower lip shaking.