Chapter 15

Mackenzie Xochitl

"What? I can't," ano na naman ba ang problema ni Kuya Amos? He's meddling in my personal life again, and what's worse is that he's forcing me to sign this annulment paper. What made him think that I will obey him?

How could he?

"Don't just sit there and stare at me. What are you waiting for Zie? You are wasting my time! Just sign that goddamn piece of document," he slammed the coffee table and massaged his temples. I jerked and tried to hide my fear

"Just write your fucking signature down there! That is all that we need to end this useless marriage you are in," He boomed. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganito si Kuya Amos. I know he promised to our parents that he will take a good care on us and stand up as our guardian. But he's doing the opposite. He's been too bossy, not in a good way, lagi nalang siya ang nasusunod, you can't refuse on whatever he wants or he orders, and lastly, sinisira na niya itong buhay namin. As the time passes by, Kuya Amos' attitude changes. He's becoming the worst human being in this world. And I have no idea why is he acting like this. Too cruel to be our brother.

"But I don't want to," I answered with my small voice. Just because I am mad with Wyatt doesn't mean that I will leave everything behind. Just like what Ate Tamsin said earlier, we should fix our problem. Hindibl ako magpapa-apekto sa nangyayari. Maybe this is just a test to prove how strong our relationship is.

Nagulat ako ng bigla akong hinawakan ni Kuya Amos sa magkabila kong balikat. Baon na baon ang bawat daliri niya sa balat ko, what is he doing? Hindi ko na kilala si Kuya Amos. I am scared.

"You don't deserve that asshole. Wyatt cheated on you once and I wont let you stay with that foul man for the rest of your life. You almost died for attempting suicide because of what had happened! Do you know how worried I am?!" I am scared to my brother. He's convincing to end my and Wyatt's marriage because of what happened. Pero parang sa way ng pananalita niya, iba ang ipinaparating niya. I don't even know if I am going to believe that he is worried about me. His eyes are coldly staring at me at hindi ko mabasa ang nasa isip niya.

"But Ruth told me everything," still in my little voice. His brows furrowed and his fist clenched.

"Who the hell is Ruth?" He asked with his gritted teeth.

"The girl who kissed Wyatt---" I haven't finished my sentence but then Kuya Amos spoke again.

"And you believed?" Kuya Amos laughed mockingly. Hindi na talaga ako makapaniwala kay Kuya Amos. Kaya ba siya pumunta dito para tuluyang sirain ang relasyon namin ni Wyatt? What kind of brother is he?

"Wyatt just ordered whoever that bitch is and tried to convince you that that is just some sort of a prank,"

"Besides, Wyatt doesn't really love you. He just married you because of what happened between the teo of you. Do you think he'd just marry you because he's inlove with you? Do you think he'll just marry an eighteen year old girl that she just met?" He laughed again and even smiled at me with his most evil grin. I felt my eyes sting. How could he say such hurtful words to me? I thought he's worried about me, I thought he cares about me. But no he isn't.

"Get out," I said calmly but firm. He didn't move and even relaxed himself on the couch.

"I said get the hell out of here!" Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili kong mapasigaw. I even pushed him away from me, causing for him to collapse on the floor. He stares at me as if he's already choking me on his mind.

"You'll regret this Zie Xochitl," that's the last thing he said before he stormed out of the Manor.

Wyatt Malcolm

'Wyatt.' I was relieved when Xochitl answered my call. I've been calling her for three hours and I am glad that she finally answered it. If she didn't I think I'll lose my mind. Damn, I missed her soft voice.

"Xochitl, look I'm sorry. I---" I haven't finished on explaining things when she spoke again.

'Shh. Ruth told me the truth now, you don't have to say sorry. Besides, I should be the one to apologize.' She answered. I smiled as if she's seeing my face right now. I am glad that she's not mad at me anymore.

"How is our baby girl?" I asked. I missed Margon so much and I am tempted to storm out of our house and go to their Manor. I really missed them both, if it wasn't because of what had happened before, we wont be suffering like this.

'She's okay.' Then I heard soft sobs coming from the other line, making me feel nervous.

Shit. Is she crying? I should go to their Manor. I don't care if Jack would be mad at me. All that matters to me is Xochitl and Margon. If it takes me and Jack's friendship just to see my family, then I am willing to lose even my very bestfriend.

I hang up the phone without saying goodbye and rode to my car. I didn't even bother to look at myself in the mirror. I don't mind if I look like a rug right now or what. All I want right now is to see my wife and my daughter. I can feel that something is wrong. Something isn't right and I can sense it on Xochitl's voice.

I drove to my fastest, not looking at the stop lights or even the crossers. I fished on my pocket and took out my phone, dialed Xochitl's number.

"I'm on my way to the Manor. Wait me on the outside," I immediately said as soon as Xochitl answered the call.

'We're at the main right now, Margon and I are on our way to the nearest 24/7 shop,'

"Okay, I'll just see you then,"

'Okay. I love you Wyatt,' I wasn't able to answer Xochitl. I hit the break and I felt like the time has been stopped. My heart is pounding so loud and so fast as I stare on the woman who's lying on the ground with a baby around her arms.

I.. I hit someone.

I immediately hopped out of my car and checked on the woman. She's almost fainting, bloods on her head, several wounds on her body. I don't know how to react.

And before I knew, the woman stopped breathing and the baby started to cry.

I killed the woman.

I killed my wife.

-

Sorry if the update was late. I wasn't able to post it earlier cause I've been busy because of two reasons; (a) Because it's holy week (b) Because I've been thinking for several days if I am still going to continue this story or delete it. Anyways, very big cliffhanger update today. I ain't sure when will be the next chappy so, bye bye for now.

The Gapजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें