Chapter Six

"Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that Veneziano and the others haven't come back yet?"

The room nodded in agreement. In fact, other countries were starting to go missing as well, and nobody could figure out why. The most reasonable conclusion would be a flaw in England's plan, but those type of mistakes had never caused real damage.

"Maybe we should investigate," Someone chirped.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Another retorted.

Germany supported the idea of investigating; maybe it would help figure out why so many nations disappeared overnight.

"I give my vote to investigating the cause. Please raise your hand if you disagree with my opinion."

Few raised their hand, so those who agreed decided amongst themselves who was and wasn't a part of the team.

The outcome resulted in Germany, Russia, and Hungary being sent in to search the area. If none of them returned, the other countries would stop sending in different teams to prevent mass world chaos due to the lack of major countries.

As the newly formed team headed out toward England's house, the other countries attempted to keep the worry at bay, reminding themselves that England's magic really wasn't scary, it just happened to create inconveniences.

*

Germany was the first to step into the basement, pausing to motion the other two inside. They promptly followed, Hungary boldly stepping in, and Russia trembling with dread.

"Let's separate and search the place," the German ordered. He assigned himself the darkest area, Russia the area near the staircase, and Hungary the center of the basement.

As he yanked a large, dusty box from the depths of clutter, he noticed a stained cloth covering a particularly large item.

"Hey, come check this out," he beckoned. Both appeared quickly at his side, curiosity fueling their interest.

He pulled back the curtain, eyes widening as they stare into a beautiful painting, one of a castle surrounded by greenery. He hears Hungary's breath hitch in amazement, and feel Russia's light smile.

"It's beautiful," Hungary whispers, and reaches out to stoke the canvas.

"No! Wait-" Russia starts, and Germany feels it too. A spike of dark magic, emitted straight through the painting. It enfulges Hungary's hand, and drags the other two countries behind her.

*

I've had this in my drafts for forever! O.o
Apologies for not updating for the longest time, my excitement for Hetalia was starting to soften a bit, but I won't stop writing until this book is finished! :)

No excuses for my laziness, please expect another chapter to be uploaded promptly. :D

((Sorry for publishing it twice, Wattpad only posted a snippet of the actual chapter at first))