Aphmau!

Laruence:

My heart skipped a beat when Aphmau grimaced suddenly. First I thought I'd gone to far with my flirting but when her legs started to give out I realized something much more serious was happened. The room seemed to turn colder as I called out her name, then I called for Garroth and Zoey who I knew were down stairs. I sunk to my knees carefully keeping her from hitting the ground, I checked her pulse murmuring the word no over and over again.

_________________

Zoey:

When Laurence screamed I knew something was wrong. Disregarding the dish I'd been drying I bolted for the stairs. Upon entering Aphmau's room we didn't even have to take a step before we saw the problem. Laruence was on the floor, Aphmau in his arms whispering no over and over again as he tried to check her pulse.

Side note, never ask Laurence's help for checking someone's pulse. He's horrible at it.

Bending down beside him I took her wrist in my hand and checked for a pulse. It was there, but faint. Not good. Briefly checking her over I found nothing wrong. Not a scratch, not a bruise, nothing seemed abnormal at all. Laurence was trying to fight back sobs now as he had a full blown panic attack. I knew as well as he did how much she meant to him.

She was his anchor to this world, if she was gone I don't think he'd be able to control the shadow-knight side of him. It was always there, hiding under the surface, lurking and waiting to come out. I'd seen his eyes flash red when someone threatened Aphmau, just as they threatened to do now...

Then Garroth spoke up.