seven; help

I walked out of the classroom with my books in my hands, paper spewing out the sides. Beth had went to go pick up Noah so I was alone, all the other students had smiles on their faces as they left, I guess art had that effect on some people. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I stumbled on a loose paver, dropping all the contents that my hands had been carrying, pencils and paper were scattered all over the pavement and people being ignorant assholes walked around me and stared.
"God you people are fucking irritating" I heard Joey yelling. "Can't you see she needs help" he continued to yell.
After finishing his rant he knelt down and started picking my things up. After having everything back in order I looked up at Joey, who had a smile plastered on his face.
"Thanks" I mumbled, looking down at my converse.
"It's okay" he replied.

We started walking along the pavement, both completely silent. It was when we reached my car that Joey spoke up.
"Are you okay? You know, your usually smiling and happy, but today your not" he said, concern filling his face.
I nodded, still staying quiet, but I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I blinked to try and get rid of them and before I knew it they were pouring down my face.
"You know, it's fine to not be okay sometimes" Joey said, wiping away one of my tears.
I placed my books and pencils in my car and wiped my tears.
"It's my mom" I stuttered. "She's in hospital again"
"Liv, I'm sorry" he said, pulling me into a hug.
I cried into his shoulder, my whole body shuddering with each cry. He held onto me tightly but gently, he was holding me as if I were delicate China that might break with a slight touch. I looked up to be met with his chocolate colored eyes.
"How about we go do something fun? Take your mind off things?" He smiled.
I sniffed and wiped away the rest of my tears.
"That sounds really great" I replied, nodding.

I locked my car and we started walking back down the street.
"What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?" Joey smiled.
"Probably strawberry" I smiled. "What about you?"
"Hmm, I'm more of a chocolate kind of guy" he says, already cheering me up with his positivity.
We walked down to the nearest ice cream shop, we waited in the line whilst small children ran all around the shop. I smiled at them and I turned to Joey, seeing that he was smiling at me.
"What? Is there something on my face?" I say, frantically brushing my nose and cheeks.
Joey grapes my wrists gently and pulls them away from my face.
"There's nothing on your face" he says.
"Then why were you smiling?" I asked.
"I was smiling because you were smiling, you look really beautiful when you smile."
I could feel my cheeks glowing Crimson but I didn't care.
"Thank you, for everything" I smiled again. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.
Now it was his turn to blush. He smiles and looks away, coughing into his hand.

For the rest of the day we walk around town, eating ice cream and going to all the interesting places around town. Joey takes me to his aunts house and introduces me to the loveliest woman I have ever met. She welcomes me into her house and makes us cinnamon tea and scones. Joey really helped take my mind of things and the whole day was enjoyable. After staying in the village all afternoon he walks me over to my car.
"Thank you for today" I smile.
"You really helped take my mind off things."
"Well, I'm just happy you've enjoyed yourself" he smiles.
I fall into his arms and hold on tightly, this hug is so much nicer than our first one. The stars twinkled above us and a street light illuminated the pathway. There were still some people walking around the town. As we pulled away from the hug I spoke up.
"Everything always looks more beautiful at night, the darkness seems to hide any blemishes and leave behind a dollhouse picture. Also, the stars, wow!" I laughed, spinning around like a little kid.
"See that's where your very wrong Olivia" Joey said, serious.
"Because not absolutely everything is more beautiful at night, the city yeah, the sky, yeah that too, but not you, your a whole lot more beautiful in the day light, because then I can see everything about you" he smiled, tugging at his fingers.
"That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me" I walked back over to him and looked into his eyes, the moonlight making his hair shiny and smooth. And in that moment we were the only two people in the world, I had no worries and no problems. It was just Joey and I. Standing under that streetlight with the stars twinkling above us. I leaned in and so did he, our lips meeting in the middle.

He was my first kiss. And I knew that nothing would ever top the sensation that came with that kiss. He fixed all my problems, all the things I was stressed about. He fixed me.

Joey

I woke up the next morning feeling as fresh as ever. I had spent the whole day with Olivia and it had been excellent. I had never felt more comfortable around any one else other than her. I walked into the kitchen still thinking of Olivia and the fun we had yesterday. I was heading back up to Regis today because my aunt was going away for the week and she didn't want me to miss out on any school whilst she was away. Around 11:30 we arrived at Regis. I grabbed my bags out of her car boot and hugged her goodbye.
"See you next week!" I yelled
"Alright sweetie, you better not get any more detentions else your mother will be fuming" she waved goodbye as she sped off down the driveway, getting looks of disapproval from many different teachers. I laughed and headed up to my room. Billy was sat on his bed writing something and Olivia's brother was discussing something with him.
"I'm back!" I yelled.
"Hope you didn't miss me to much Tepper, you too yogurt"
"As if Joey" yogurt laughed.
"Oh course I missed you babe" Billy sarcastically yelled.

After a few minutes of catch up they both wanted to know all about my trip into town. I told them about spending the day with Olivia.  After having to explain the whole thing again to snuffy who decided to make an appearance the room was silent until snuffy had to break it.
"Did you guys kiss?" He asked eagerly. Billy and Derek laughed, obviously thinking that I hadn't kissed her.
"Well, um, yeah we did" I said, spinning around on my desk chair.
All three of the voices spoke up at once.
"Get some Joey!" Snuffy yelled.
"You did what?!" Billy said, looking up.
"You kissed my sister!" Yogurt also yelled.
Snuffy kept saying how he knew I would finally 'get some' whilst Billy stared me down. Yogurt was sat on the edge of Billy's bed and kept mumbling "you kissed my sister?" With a look of horror on his face. I sighed and turned to my desk, I pulled out a piece of paper and started to draw, Olivia had given me a new found artsy confidence. I wasn't afraid to draw in front of my friends now, who cares if they saw? I stared back at the paper, looking back at me was the outlines of the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on. Olivia.

Hey guys! Told you I would update soon! Hope you all enjoy this, I'm feeling a whole lot better now, a special thanks to mikeslegs for giving me a super sweet comment that made me feel a whole lot better.

Lots of love and hugs

fallingforphelan :)