Chapter 6: Invasion

Oliver's body slips through William's arms to the concrete below. Deep red blood seeps out of his gaping wound onto the ground.

I spot Amethyst in the corner of my eye, but I can't take my eyes off of what I had just witnessed. My knees find their way to the floor. The cold hard rock travels through the seams of my pants to my skin.

A word whispers out of my mouth.

"No"

It comes out again, louder.

"NO"

I shoot up from the kneeling position I had sunken myself into.

"You don't get to do that." My voice trembles as I inch closer to William.
"You don't get to do things like that to us. YOU WON'T!"
I feel a jerk on my belt. Gengar comes shooting out without a command. He knows when I need him.

He flew into the air, somersaulting as he escalated. He landed beside Oliver's lifeless body. Nose to nose with William.

Amethyst let out her Scizor soon after to accompany Gengar.

"It's on!" Lynn shouts from the top of her lungs. A rush of Pokemon flood the area. All types of attacks are happening at once, making my head spin.

Team Cere must specialize in Physic types because the majority of the Pokemon in front of me are Metagross, Gardivoirs, and Mr. Mimes!

I can't get my pokemon out faster. Dragonite and Salamence double up to take out the Mr. Mimes in a jiffy. Gengar spits shadow balls like no tomorrow.

I'm not even commanding. I can't anyhow. All I can do is gaze at the Phanpy in the room... Oliver. I easily fog out the chaos around me. Eyes glaze over. I can't stay tough. This is too much. This region is too tough. I may be a champion, but I am not Arceus.

A ring sounds deep into my ear.

Thud. Thud. Thud.
I hear my heartbeat in my head.

"Diamond?!" A voice echoes beside me, but I fail to recognize it.

Blank.

~~~~~~~~

I wake to an ambulance sounding. Who got hurt? Wait, where am I again? Why are they wheeling me in?

I open my mouth to speak but words fail to come out. Periods of consciousness and black outs go back and forth. What is going on?

"Don't try to speak." A nurse Joy speaks softly into my ear. Concern fills her eyes.   No.
I can't be hurt. Where are my Pokemon?

~~~~~~~~

"She's waking up!" I hear a voice next to me as I open my eyes.
Turning my head slowly I see its Cobalt. Relief fills me.

"What happened?" Where the first words to escape.

"Well..." Lynn started. " YOU decided to stir the pot with Cere and doom after Oliver went Bye bye and everyone started fighting and a fucking Mime Jr. Hypnotized you. Then your Glaceon freezed the entire team cere and William. So yeah, we took care of the mess you got us into and payed your Pokemon center bill which you owe me for in fundip. So great job Diamond!" Woah.. Salty