Chapter 17: The Incident

"1834 Budew Blvd." An overhead voice declares as the limousine comes to a halt. The sleek black doors slide open, exposing us to a tall, modern, grey painted mansion. Guests flooded the space, filing through the double doors.

I glance over at Green, and he takes a deep breath before nodding at me to step out. I reluctantly do so, followed by Lynn, Garnet, and Green. The 4 of us approach the house, and I glance back to make  sure Amethyst and Cobalt were not far behind.

My eyes squint as I look through the limo doors, and I see them conversing with rather serious faces.

Part of me wants to walk back to them. Out of concern and the fact that I'd rather do just about anything else then go into this party. I hardly take a step in their direction when Lynn twists me around and leads me through the glass doors.

I face her, and she begins to adjust my hair to make it look somewhat presentable. "Come on Diamond. I know this isn't ideal for you right now but we need to get as much info as we can out of these fuckers for this to be worth while." She pats me on the back, then scoots away through people toward the punch bowl.

Garnet and I stay on the perimeter of the main area until we reach a corner.
"I still can't believe everything that happened in that gym." He leans against the wall, shaking his head.

"Me neither." I take a long pause to gather my thoughts. " But if anything, that jungle showed us that we are a true team. You're a leader Garnet!" I place my hand on his shoulder.
"Yeah right. I'm no leader. You and Amethyst run this team rogue show-"
"See! You don't even realize that you are. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't even be here right now. Garnet, you're a strong negotiator, that's something the rest of us lack. We tend to handle situations in a less strategic way, and it sets us back. You're the one getting us through right now!"

His eyes wandered down to his shoes, and a bit of pink flowed into his cheeks. Not much, but just enough for you to see. I smile then, pulling him into a friendly hug and whispering, "And thank you for pulling me away from that fire. There was nothing left that I could do." He squeezed me tight for a brief moment, then we both pulled away, fist bumping as a symbol of our team work.

I turn around to head into the party when none other than Fen appears right in front of my face.

"Diamond! Sweetie it's so good to see you." I see him almost go in for a quick hug, but decided a handshake would be best. "So, how was that rag tag jungle gym of Tempest's?" He questions while simultaneously giving Garnet a grin to greet him as well.

"We won, Fen." I shrugged as the three of us sat down. "I just never realized how much of a risk our pokemon would be at jogging through this challenge. My Dragonite is traumatized to the point where he's basically brain dead. My Ampharos was killed in the forest." I don't feel the tears come when I verbalize it this time.

"Awww." Fen pats me on the back. "Well that's just that. Anywho,"

Wow. This guy really is all about the resistance and nothing else.

"We must soon meet for a checkpoint in the near future." He glances around then back to Garnet and I. "God forbid we do it here. Who knows what creeps are lingering around this party-"

"Fen?" A voice calls out from the mob, and out pushes a dark haired girl. She stumbles over toward us, part of her hair flopping about on top of her head, tied with a feathered yellow scrunchie.

"Rosá.." He looks flustered as he pulls a seat up across from us and gestures her to sit. "I don't believe you have been introduced yet, my apologies."

"Oh, hello again!" Rosá smiles at Garnet as she sits in the chair. "I'm familiar with one of the two. What's your name?" She leans forward toward me, seemingly eager.