Chapter 10:

"Finally!" I collapse to my knees in relief. Fens Snorlax is like bulletproof glass. Ampharos' chest pumps, desperately trying to catch his breath.

"Don't take it personally," Fen smirks as he returns his fainted Pokemon. " It takes most even longer to beat this fat ass."

I return Ampharos to take a long rest, and return to the main floor.

Lyra, Copper, and Harper are immediately sighted at the top of the stairs.
"You know, you don't have to be all up tight," Copper playfully nudges my shoulder. " we aren't here to cause any trouble."

"Then why exactly are you here?" I spit back to them. Lyra's chocolate brown eyes roll to the ceiling above.
" Because we're part of the resistance smart ass!"

My eyes bulge out of my head. All through Hoenn these girls have betrayed me time and time again for a worse cause, why are they all of a sudden on our side?

Hearing footsteps coming from the stairs behind, I turn around to see Fen.
"They're not lying Diamond. They're part of my team." I nod subtly, still a bit suspicious.

We stroll out to the sidewalk with the rest of the team.
"Where to now?" Copper asks, taking a cigarette out of her pocket. She snaps her green lighter, and the flame shoots up.

I scrunch my face in disgust.
"Okay, first of all, that is SO unsanitary! And second, you're coming with us?"

I shoot a hot glare at Fen, silently begging him to say that was a mistake.
"They have to be with you guys! They are the ones that will carry out resistance duties through team rogue."

"But-" I start to complain, but Lyra cuts me off. "Oh chill out Diamond! I'm really starting to question who's side you're actually on deep down.." She sassily remarks.

My forehead sweats in irritation. My phone vibrates in my pocket simultaneously with Amethyst's. I open my poke mail inbox, and my jaw drops in shock.

"You've got to be kidding me" Amethyst stomps her foot on the concrete. The group looks at us anxiously. "William is requiring us to come to his ball tonight.."

The whole group groans. Part of me feels this is a trap.
" I don't know about this.." Fen shakes his head disapprovingly.
"It's required. There is no choice." I snap back at him, even though I low key agree with his argument.

"We better head there now if we're going to make it on time." Amethyst lets out Salamence and hops on his back. "William is providing dresses.."

"Those should be interesting." Lynn remarks sarcastically as she climbs Amethyst's dragon Pokemon.

---------

My stomach churns as we land in front of the location William had sent us. It's a deep purple mansion that's even bigger than the first one we where invited to at the beginning of this journey.

A servant approaches us in his blue tuxedo and an apron tied over it. The grand double doors creek open, and I am mesmerized by the decor.

The wooden Floors glimmer, the walls are blanketed with paintings of all kinds, and a grand crystal chandelier hangs from the high ceiling.