2

baby, ooh baby
I love to call you baby ♪

"How come you have such a gay job?"

"Because I'm gay." She replied absentmindedly, not stopping her work.

"Seriously?"

"No, I'm Bi. I just live to perpetuate stereotypes. It's very fulfilling."

"Oh yeah?" He grinned. "So I guess you're a total bottom, with that tight-"

She closed the book with a loud snap and turned around to look at him, fake smile blooming on her face. His grin only grew wider. She wasn't sure if she wanted to wipe that smirk off his lips with her fist or the floor. She was used to this kind of talk, she usually even enjoyed it, in right circumstances of course. But when she thought that what gave him all this confidence, what made him this daring, was his looks, she couldn't help but get annoyed. She couldn't stand people who thought they could get away with anything because they were hot.

"Too bad you'll never know," she said, patting his cheek. He grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. "Let go."

"Come on, go out with me. "

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to. Now let go and go home before I call for security."

His eyes widened in shock and he looked at his own hand, grasping hers with much more force than he must have realized. He wasn't exactly hurting her physically, but he looked like he thought he was. "I'm sorry." He mumbled and left the store in a hurry.

-

He was back the next day, looking like hell, and with a ridiculously huge bouquet of roses. The few customers that were around stopped whatever they were doing to see what she would do.

"Oh, how sweet of you, you came all this way to embarass me in my workplace," she cooed. "However can I repay you?"

"You could start with accepting my apology?" He mutterd, the tip of his ears coloring.

"Haven't heard any yet. And I really don't want to do this here." He visibly deflated, and it made her stomach twist. She sighed and took the flowers. "Come on, let's go out at the back."

His face lit up and followed her eagerly. She could hear a few people whisper and squeal and she rolled her eyes. Now the gossip would never end. Thanks, Yours truly.

"I'm listening," she said once they were outside.

He dropped his eyes to the ground. "I'm sorry I hurt you yesterday."

"You didn't."

"So I'm sorry I was so pushy lately."

"It's okay."

"Then I'm sorry I'm always such an asshole."

"I don't mind."

"I'm s- I'm sorry, I'm confused."

She chuckled. He looked ridiculously adorable rubbing his cheek in confusion. She couldn't say she blamed him. But she figured messing with him for a while was better punishment then refusing to speak to him. And maybe, just maybe, she would miss him just a little bit, even if he was a narcissistic asshole, who couldn't take a no for an answer. Because The Feeling wouldn't leave her alone. Especially after she saw the look on his face when he thought he'd hurt her. Self-infatuated douchebags usually didn't look like that, no matter what hideous act of douchebaggery they'd committed.

"What am I apologizing for?" He asked, scratching his head, sounding a bit helpless.

"I don't know, you're the one apologizing."

"I thought- I thought you hated me now."

"I don't."

"Then-" he bit his lips. "Then why won't you-"

"I already told you, you're too pretty for me. Goodbye and thank you for the flowers."