Chapter 3

The door opens and Mercury steps into the room. To his disbelief, Celsius is standing in there, along with her adviser, Roman, and Cinder.

"Mercury, this is Celsius. Celsius, Mercury." Cinder says. "I'll let you two get to know each other." Cinder motions for Roman to follow her. "Good luck, kid." Roman whispers to Celsius as he passes her.

Once it's just Celsius and Mercury, Celsius sighs. "I'm just gonna warn you, kid, I'm not a big fan of working in pairs." She says. Mercury chuckles. "That makes two of us." He says, leaning against the wall. "So, tell me about yourself." Mercury says. "What do you already not know about me? Apparently my files were found by a rookie and they spread through the White Fang like wild fire. Everyone knows who I am. Most people are scared of me." Celsius says, looking at her shoes. "I'm not scared of you." Mercury says. Celsius looks at him. "Me and you are two of the same. Found by the White Fang after a tragedy with our families, we were both amputated by the same Doctor here, we were both given prosthetics, and our families are dead." Mercury says. "And is that common knowledge around here?" Celsius asks. "Your half of it is." Mercury says. Celsius sighs.

Adam barges into the room. "Quick you two, get to a car. You two are going to check out reports of the Spring Maiden.. You have no time to waste." He says.

Mercury and Celsius run out of the room after Adam. Celsius grabs the picture of Mercury before she leaves. After all, the boy was cute.