Prologue

Operation Cobra Gold:  February 5, 2021. 06:04 am (UTC+ 07:00)

Location: [Classified]

As the sun slowly rising, bird flew out from their nest as the sign of new day. Few kilo miles from the beach is the Cobra Gold joint fleet compose of 6 nations which are: 

United state America, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and newest member is China, which was though to be impossible due to the South China sea territory tense situation few years ago. This was done to improve relation between United state and China.

28 ship from all 6 nation are floating in formation, waiting for further order to start the joint fleet military exercise which soon will take place in few hours ahead.

The leading ship of the joint fleet this time is Nimitz-class,nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76, behind the Ronald Reagan is China only aircraft carrier, Liaoning, the former Admiral Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier. Alongside Liaoning is Helicopter carrier/destroyer; Ise (DDH-182) and Chakri Naruebet (OPHC-911). All 4 carrier are escorted by numerous of Guided Missile Destroyer/Frigate along side with Amphibious assault ship and Auxiliary Vessels.

================================================================

USS Ronald Reagan, Ship deck 06:35 am.

At the edge deck of USS Ronald Reagan. The man standing there, one hand holding new fresh sandwich and another one holding the cup of coffee. As he watching the sun slowly rising from the sea horizon, he tried his best not to think about the up coming exercise in fews hours. All he want to think in his though right now is just the image of beautiful sun rising, but not for long he turn his back to see someone calling him.

"Captain Thomas Deleon, what the hell you think you are doing sir!?" the furious Lieutenant Commander slowly approaching him.

"Ahh. Lieutenant Commander Shaul Dorian, it was quite lovely morning wasn't it eh?"

"Jesus christ Captain. You don't even remember what happen last time when you came to this spot again in the morning huh?"

"Oh comeon Shaul, it was no big deal at all."

"Sir, with all due respect. Is your 'NO BIG DEAL' mean that you can fell off the ship and drove all crew member and pilot into chaos to desperately finding you at Japan again?."

"Well you did have some point there Lieutenant. Next time I'm promised I will step inside around 5 steps more away from the edge?. I'm sure next time I won't ever fall off ship." Captain Thomas give lieutenant Big Fat Smile before turning back to continue his daily activity.

"I lost my faith in you sir."

"That's 153th times you said that same boring sentences lieutenant."

"Whatever sir. By the way, it's already 07:12 am. now, I would recommend you to station at your bridge now. Other nation almost finish preparing their ship for upcoming exercise now sir."

"Got it Shaul, I will be there in 10 minutes."

"See you there sir." Shaul left his captain behind and proceed to his station.

================================================================

USS Ronald Reagan, Bridge 07: 26 am.

"Captain on bridge!" All officer stand and salute.

"At ease gentleman." Captain Thomas then proceed by checking the paper files about naval exercise today which included; Anti-submarine warfare drill, Anti-air warfare and finally Anti-ship warfare drill.