1: 34 p.m (Australian Time-Zone)

Sometimes, the simplest action can mean everything

Theo does not know what cause him to do it. Theo does not what cause him to step one foot forward into her house and land his mouth on hers. Theo does not know what cause him to suddenly reach out and kiss her.

Maybe it's the fact that he doesn't care what's practical and what's not anymore. Maybe it's because it's the most relieving thing to hear her feel the same way.

The surprise of the kiss slackens her body in this shock but soon she is responding, her mouth sliding towards his. For this moment in time, all clocks in the world are suspended, stuck and the world has gone away. There is no one else but them- and it seems like an eternity has gone for this to happen but what matters is that he's here, he loves her and she feels the same way. 

When they break apart, her eyes are wide and her mouth is open, wet slightly. She looks at me like she's seeing a ghost. Or godly intervention. Her hair is a mess and there are dark circles under her eyes but he doesn't give a fuck. He really doesn't because she looks beautiful no matter what. 

"Frank- Theo- I don't know-"

"We'll figure it out," Theo hears himself say, squeezing her shoulders, "We'll figure it out."

And really, that's the best answer for everything. 

-

Serena's roommate, Michaela makes really good cookies or ANZAC biscuits as she calls them, Theo learns when Serena invites him in for a cup of coffee.

They catch up over the afternoon. They just talk, really. Theo discovers Serena has a mole on the left wrist and that she gesticulates every time she talks, which is a lot. Serena has been buried under a 'fuck-lot' of Psychology coursework (it's funny how he never really ask what her major was) and has fully assimilated into Australian culture with her brilliant use of the words wanker, cunt, bloody flying all over her colorful, rainbow vocabulary. In real life, her voice sounds more sarcastic than ever (which is really strange, considering he didn't think you can exceed the level of sarcasm Serena exudes over the phone). Theo tells her how medical school is great while stressful and that he just randomly book tickets because Eva, being the faithful fangirling matchmaker she is, asks him too. 

On the topic of Eva, Serena reveals Eva is her strange, weird cousin who is dating a boy named Damien. And then Theo remembers he has a friend name Damien and says, I have a friend named Damien. 

"Wait, is your Damien my Damien?"

"Well, what's your Damien?"

"Damien Carson, or Lover-Boy, or Mr. Fanceh as Eva likes to call him."

"Wait, Damien Carson is my Damien- yeah, he's, like, my friend. He was that guy who first told me to call you at the helpline!"

"What?"

"I know."

"Jesus."

"Yeah, I know."

"Such a small world."

"Or this was meant to be."

"God, no."

"Jesus, you're still the same."

"Some things never change, Franklin." 

-

the end.