Chapter 9.

My decision was clear. I had to talk to Him about this. I can't just sit back and watch it all happen before my eyes. Of course, I didn't know where to find him. Then it hit me. Pray you idiot. There I was on my knees, where I was while I was in pain, where I received no help.
  After minutes of praying, he finally came.
"

Hello, Talia. How are you enjoying your choice." His voice, like before, was booming. In a way, it brought comfort.
"I don't want this anymore," I said boldly, "I can't just watch everyone. Everything is wrong. They need me." Again, I saw nothing but darkness but I could feel his disapproval.
"You have made your choice, Talia. There is no going back. I told you this." This angered me. I didn't want to sound stubborn, but why wouldn't he give me what I want.
"Bring me back to life! You are God you can do that!" I almost yelled. I didn't mean to, but I immediately regretted it, because my eardrums were filled with the sound of his anger towards me.
"NO." Though his response was one word, it was much more. Suddenly, he disappeared. No more darkness, back in my room. I jumped onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. They need me. I need them. I shouldn't have done it. It wasn't worth it.
  I spent all night thinking of what I would do. I cannot and will not watch everyone and their despair. But then...I realized. Mom..she was an alcoholic when I lived. Now that I am dead she realized her mistakes and sobered up. She's a better person now; what if I lived? She would still be an alcoholic and God-- shit, sorry-- everyone knows she wouldn't listen to me.
  James. He quit the football team and started focusing on school. His father wanted him to play football, but James himself always wanted a career in literature. When I tried to convince him to quit he never listened, but now...he did.
  Everyone is better with me gone, if that was reversed, it would be different. People are happy. They are doing better for themselves, why would I have to come back? With this thought came another. You were right...nobody needs you.