Terrible And Op Ocs

Yes we are all aware of the existence of terrible ocs. But how does one detect them? Well, here is a list of what terrible ocs are like in Naruto.

_______________________________________

1. Op Powers
Op powers could mean that the author gave that oc too many powers that all-in-all make it seem like a Mary Sue. An example (I will not name names) is an oc who had a Kekkei Genkai that granted him/her the ability to use elements without seals, had the Sharingan (but she didn't use it, which doesn't make her any less OP), was the Jinchuuriki of the Ten-Tails, and was a follower or something of Orochimaru, which gave him/her (not specifying gender) the curse mark as well as Gentle Fist. That oc also had summoning jutsu where the creatures could each use different abilities. Yes, all that is possible, the chances of one person having so many abilities is very slim, and honestly, that's too much. I get we all want our ocs to be powerful, but first of all, you're only a Genin. Second, too many powers is just plain Mary Sue and op. Obtain your power your own way similar to the way Naruto was a loser at first but became a hero. Power is not something you should really abuse like Kaguya Otsutsuki. Have a good balance between strengths/abilities and weaknesses. Even Naruto and Sasuke had their weaknesses. It'd be extremely unrealistic for there to exist a Genin on the same level as them.

2. Oc has more than one eye power.
The exception to this is probably what Kishimoto himself has stated: one eye Sharingan, one eye Bakugan for a child of an Uchiha and Hyuga. Aside from that, anything else seems unreasonable and unlikely. To clarify, the Sharinnegan counts as ONE since it is technically a combination of two. A suggestion would be to develop other eye powers.

3. Oc is OP, never gets hit with attacks, and is a Mary Sue.
Again, be realistic. If it were real life, and you were your OC, you would likely face obstacles and get injured sometimes. It's a natural part of being human.

4. Oc is a Jinchuuriki higher than 9 tails.
That ain't even possible. The Sage of Six Paths made NINE for a reason. There should not be any higher than 10. There shouldn't even be any Jinchuuriki for the Ten-Tails.

5. OC is Uchiha
There are soo many weird fanfictions about "the last Uchiha" or secretly an Uchiha. Unless you have a logical excuse, then no. On top of that, many of them are op too..

6. Ooc-ness
Some characters just wouldn't act a certain way so don't make them. I know it may be hard to accurately portray them because Kishimoto owns the characters but at least TRY. For example, you think hard ass Sasuke would BLUSH? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

7. Oc is a "Sakura Figure"
Basically, this means that the oc is like Sakura, always punching Naruto. Please! The kid gets enough pain and abuse, and it's like Iruka said: he's only twelve but he already knows how much suffering a heart can hold. But I guess, if it's your oc's personality, that sometimes it's okay. But it's still irksome.

8. Sasuke shows love interest in your oc.
Bro, you dumb. That duckbutt only truly showed emotion for his amazing older brother and Naruto. You think he's going to love your dumb oc? Desperateee~
Edit (06/13/2018): I would like to add that my intentions were to direct this at those who write the romance without the proper development.

9. Oc can defeat a Jonin like Kakashi or is stronger than Team 7 combined.
Again, this goes back to the OP-ness.

10. Oc can use all 5 chakra natures
It is stated by Kakashi that at most, shinobi have three. But only the really good shinobi! Boruto has 3! So 5??? Even if you want your character to have five, there should be development to it. You can't have a character instantly know how to use all five right away.
Edit (02/08/2019): This one is kind of invalidated since some characters do have 5 (Sarutobi)
_______________________________________

Anyway, these are the things in ocs in Naruto fanfiction that I hate. Constructive discussion, yes. You may or may not agree but please, no hate comments. If there are, I will delete them. If you realize I am talking about an OC in one of your fanfiction, I hope you realize the error in your ways. Leave hate comments if you wish but guess what? They're going there *points to trash can*. I'm going to be extremely judgey in Naruto fanfictions lately. This world shall know pa-

Pain: STOPPIT

FINE. THIS WORLD SHALL KNOW THE ERRORS OF THEIR FANFICTIONS.

See ya!

~Katani ♡~