Chapter 4- Love Blossoms

Poppy's POV

Today was the day of the true hearts day dance, so I was super busy at the salon since everyone wanted their hair to look fairest for the dance, I was working on Ashlynn hair when she asked "So who are going to give your heart blossom to" I shrugged "I don't know" she smiled "Well I have an idea" I rolled my eyes "Ash" she just kept smiling. I finished Ashlynn's hair and started closing up shop since she was my last customer for the day, once I was done we headed back to our dorms to get ready. I walked in and saw Holly brushing hair, waiting for me, I got ready when their was a knock at the door, Holly answered, it was Ashlynn and Briar so we all walked together to the party. When we got to the club everyone was their already on the dance floor with Melody at the turn tables, shredding some wicked tunes, we all danced for awhile till Cupid and her Aunt came on stage. "Its been a pleasure to meet all of my niece's classmates and helping you follow your trues hearts, so in celebration all of you will be given a heart blossom to give to the one in your true heart" I got my blossom and I decided to give it to Sparrow so I started looking for him when I knocked into Duchess "Hey, watch where your going" she honked "Sorry" "Oh its you, so who are going to give your blossom to Poppy" "Why do you care" "I don't but a little word of advice, if you plan to give it Sparrow he's probably just going to laugh in your face but who could blame him, look at yourself" I usually don't let Duchess get to me but I couldn't help it, a few tears rolled down cheeks, I didn't want to make a scene so I ran out of the club and into the forest.            

Sparrow's POV

Everyone got their heart blossom, I looked down at mine thinking about Poppy since your supposed give it to the true person in your heart, I decided to give it to her so I started looking for her when I saw her running out of the club, I think she was crying so ran after her. I ended up finding her sitting on a rock in the forest, I hated seeing her cry so I quietly walked up to her "Poppy are you okay" she looked up at me with wide, teary eyes while I sat down beside her and asked "Poppy what happened, who upset you" "It was Duchess, she told me that the person, I wanted to give my blossom to would just laugh in my face" then a few more tears rolled down her cheeks, my heart broke, how could Duchess say that, when she looked at me, I carefully wiped her tears away "Poppy, I'd like to give this to you since your the one in my true heart" I handed her my heart blossom, she blushed "I don't expect you to feel the same but I want you to have it" I was about to leave when Poppy grabbed my hand "Sparrow wait, your in my true heart too, so I want you to have mine" I took it then hugged her tightly to my chest, I hoped she wouldn't push me away but she didn't instead she hugged me back and buried her face in my chest.When she whispered "I really like Sparrow" I smiled and whispered back "I really like you too."