FIVE

from : cutie

hey lukey?

to : cutie

yeah, cally?

from : cutie

do you have band practice today?

to : cutie

yeah, why?

from : cutie

is it okay if i join? i'm really curious as to how a real band practise goes

to : cutie

of course

i'll ask mikey to stop by yours to pick you up :-)

from : cutie

yay !!!

+++

"you've never told me you wanna visit band practise." michael complained, turning the steering wheel to the left.

"that's because you made it sound horrible and icky." calum retaliated, as luke laughed from the passenger seat.

"so not true." michael disagreed.

"yeah, because "banding all day and getting all sweaty" sounds so cool."

"but that's what happens!" michael yelled, temporarily taking both hands off the wheel, which led to luke steering it instead.

the red head placed his palms back on it, mumbling a small "thanks" to luke, before flashing an aggressive face to calum through the rear view mirror.

the brunette rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, taking the resemblance of a grumpy toddler.

"face it calum, you're only here because you wanna see luke all sweaty and panting, dont lie to me." michael smirked.
calum flushed blood-red, his eyes bigger than ever. "n - no! i'm not!"

luke shuffled awkwardly in his seat, not liking the fact that his name was thrown into the two's petty argument.

"aw, luke, look! cally's all blushy!"

"sh - shut up, michael." calum huffed.

luke slapped michael on the chest, sending a rather serious face that told michael to "just drop it, already."

michael took the hint, and nodded with raised eyebrows. "ok, fine, whatever. we're here."

the three entered the garage that ashton's uncle and aunt allowed them to use, calum refusing to stand anywhere near michael.

luke directed calum to the main section of the garage where all the equipment was set up.

ashton got up from his drum kit, and walked towards the kiwi boy and the tall blonde.

"cal, this is ashton, our drummer, ashton this is calum, our visitor." luke presented, as ashton held his hand out, to which calum shyly took a hold of to shake.

"nice to meet you, calum." ashton smiled, which was rare as ashton was usually very expressionless.

"you could sit on that broken speaker if you want, and then you have the best angle to watch us band." luke told calum with a sweet smile.

calum nodded, before rushing over to the large amplifier, hopping on it, liking the fact that he was able to swing his feet because of how tall it was.

the three members got set up, and soon enough, they were off, rehearsing a very passionate rendition of american idiot by greenday.

once they had finished, calum clapped his hands vigorously, cheering out cute little "whoos".

"that was awesome!" he exclaimed, luke shaking his head in amusment at how happy calum seemed, considering that it wasn't the best cover of the song they've done.

"nice to have a crowd." luke joked, with a soft chuckle, as michael nodded in agreement, ashton doing the same as he wiped some sweet forming underneath his bandana.

the red head took the small break to fix up his guitar to suit the next cover they were going to practise, as ashton made sure his drums sounded right.

calum jumped off the speaker, admiring the space the boys used to practise.

his eyes landed on a spare silver guitar that was leaning on the corner of a wall. he brushed his fingers over the strings, not hearing luke walk up behind him.

"you okay there, cal?"

calum snapped his head to turn to luke.

"huh? oh yeah, i'm good. it's just -- " he stopped to turn back to the silver instrument.

"i've always wanted to learn electric guitar. it seems so cool."

luke smiled fondly.

"it's easy really."

he stepped in front of the smaller boy, grabbing the leaning guitar by the neck, and placing it around calum, using the strap.

he shuffled his feet, so that he was standing behind the shorter boy, and reached down so that his right hand was rested on top of calum's.

the maori boy harshly bit his lip. luke's proxemics were closer than he was used to, and he could feel the heat surging through his body at a high velocity.

the blonde made calum's left hand form a d chord, and moved calum's right hand to strum it.

as soon the sound was emitted, calum let out a content giggle, and luke couldn't help but smile like an idiot when he heard it.

"okay, lets cut the lovey dovey bullshit, and finish up yeah?" michael asked, causing the two to quickly seperate.

"yeah my mum just texted me saying shes making nutella sandwiches and i'm gonna kill lauren if i find out she ate mine." ashton added, and so luke took the guitar off calum, and set it back.

"okay, okay, calm down, i'm coming." luke said, raising his hands up in mock-surrender.

he took his position behind the main microphone stand, as ashton did his trademark "one, two, three, four!"

calum sat on the sidelines, dancing a little to the song being preformed.

and every so often, he would catch luke look over to glance at him.

and whenever calum caught him, luke would immediately look to the floor, a huge smile plastered on his face.

+++

whoop