Chapter 4

Dad's house was humongous. I couldn't believe it. Granted, the home was insanely small and we had to share rooms with one or two people all the time, but this was at least five times the size of the home. Dad saw my expression, my jaw was dropped and my eyes were wide open. He just chuckled a little bit and spoke.
"We'd best go inside, it's only 40 degrees. I'm cold."
I silently agree with him as we walk inside. As we stepped through the beautiful, carved door, my jaw dropped again and my eyes opened wider. The inside was even better. I was so happy. Yes, it didn't matter what the house looked like, but it was definitely a plus. Dad just chuckled at me again. He suddenly spoke, startling me a bit.
"Do you want to see your room?"
"Of course, that would be awesome."
When I first saw Joe, I was a bit reluctant to leave. I had a nice roommate and everything. It sucked there still. Now I have a very nice dad, accommodating home, and someone to actually love me. It was all I ever could've asked for. I suddenly realized it had been a few hours since we had lunch, and I wanted a snack. We weren't even up the stairs yet, and my mind was on food. Shocking.
"This is it...I hope you like it!"
"I'm sure I will," I commented with a smile.
I opened the door to a wonderful, warm place to call my own. The walls were two different shades of blue, a white dresser in the corner, a nightstand with a cute lamp on it next to my very comfy looking bed, and a TV mounted on the wall across the room. The room was very long and included a large closet. I turned around, my heart racing.
"THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS ROOM IS AMAZING."
"I'm glad you like it. I asked my friend Marie to help me. She's pretty cool," Dad said.
"Marie seems awful nice. I would like to meet her sometime, if that's ok with you."
"It's fine with me," Dad replies with a far-off, loving look in his eyes. I make a mental note of that and think about it later.
I soon realize it's nearly five o'clock. I talk speedily, trying not to look greedy and annoying.
"Can we eat soon?"
"Sure. I'm kind of hungry myself. Does pizza sound good?"
"I love pizza. Pepperoni please."
"You will get along pretty well with one of my friends then."
I just chuckled and start unpacking my clothes into the closet. It's quite roomy in there.

After 10 short minutes of unpacking, Dad calls me down for dinner. The wonderful aroma of fresh pizza is wafting through the house as I rush down the stairs. I nearly get lost, but hear Dad shut the fridge, and I find the kitchen. Dad and I eat dinner and go to the living room. His next question has me in a near panic...
"What's your favorite tv show?"
"SUPERNATURAL!"
"Wow, ok. I'm guessing we are watching Supernatural then," Dad laughs at my immediate comment. We watch two episodes of Supernatural, and my eyes were starting to droop. I decide to go to bed.
"Good night, Dad," I say as I get off the couch and start leaving the room.
"Good night sweetheart."

I'M SO SORRY GUYS. I haven't updated in a long time, and I feel terrible. I tried to make this chapter flow better, and longer. I also have a few side notes.
1. The description of Gloria's room is basically my room. Identical descriptions.
2. This is set before Joe and Marie became a thing. Just so there is no confusion.
I'm super grateful for everyone reading this book. All the votes and nice comments make my day. I appreciate everything guys.
I also added a few smol references, I hope you guys can catch them. :)
Bye bye for now Youngbloods. I'll try to update as often as I can.