Chapter 5

I woke up the next day, ready to actually exist with purpose. That's new. I head downstairs and see Dad making scrambled eggs at the stove.
"Good morning, sweetie."
"Good morning, Dad. How did you sleep?"
"Pretty well, how about you?"
"Great. Do you know what we're doing today yet?"
"Oh, just a few friends of mine coming over. I'm sure you will get along fine."
"Ok, sounds cool," I reply. I'm starting to pick up that Dad has some pretty cool friends, so I think this will be generally painless. Or so I thought.
~smol time skip- 3 hours~
After we finish eating lunch and clearing the table, I hear a knock at the door. Dad says he will get it and will be back in a minute.
He comes back a minute later, and I nearly faint. I don't have to look at their faces to know who they are. Tattoos, fun hair, fedora. I inhale deeply, keeping myself calm. I just grin like an idiot and wave a little. Dad chuckles and starts introducing me to them, since my train of thought left the station a while ago.
"Hi Gloria, nice to meet you," Andy says in his sweet cinnamon roll voice. I make no reply, being stupid.
"Hi!" Pete and Patrick say at the same time.
"Hi guys, very nice to meet you. I love Fall Out Boy."
"That's so cool! Was that a coincidence or....?" Pete asks.
"Yes, Dad didn't know I like Fall Out Boy until we were coming here."
"That's really cool," Patrick says.
Dad leans in and whispers something to Pete. His eyes widen and he hugs me. He leans in and tells me something really important.
"YOU LIKE PIZZA. I LOVE YOU ALREADY!"
"Thanks. Pizza is great."
"She will definitely fit in, dude."
"Oh, I know," Dad says.
After introducing myself a bit more and talking with them, we decided to play video games. Super Mario Cart, to be exact. I love that game. Andy slayed all of us twice, I won the last round. Dad, Patrick, and Pete both sighed, looking defeated but funny. Andy and I high-fived and laughed at their reactions. It was 6 by then and we were all kind of hungry.
"Who wants some Chinese food?" Pete says.
"Sure," we all reply in unison.
As we leave the house, I'm honestly kind of nervous. This is the first time being seen in public with four famous men, and I don't know what will happen. I hope it positive though,
As we sit down, a waiter comes up, jotting down our drink orders. I get sprite, I love sprite.
When we get our food, Dad and I share, like we agreed on previously. We finished in about an hour and headed back home. It felt weird to say home, and mean it. But I liked it. As we get home Patrick, Pete, and Andy leave in their own cars as Dad and I retreat into the house. We turn on the news and I'm utterly shocked at what I see.
"Jonah Marshall has been released from jail due to good behavior in prison. He was originally supposed to get out in 2020, but was very well behaved in jail and was released early. More information to come."
Dad notices my expression and asks me what's wrong
"That's...that's my biological dad. He's out of jail."

I'm on a roll guys. One chapter yesterday, one chapter today. Thanks for reading guys. :)