Stopping Point

(( Just after Link finishes the first Temple, on the way to Death Mountain. ))
Wind howled through the Hylian grass fields. Grass lightly touches it and trees wave in the distance.

Link had decided to set up camp with minor bedding supplies, sticks, and stones to keep the fire stable.

"How long does it take for those fires to start?" Midna asked, a bit impatient.

She was more accustom to the night, but the temperatures weren't of her liking.

Link sighed with a smile as he was getting the fire started. "Don't worry Midna, it's almost lit."

"Can't the great 'Hero of Light' start a measly fire?" Midna scoffed, laughing from Link's jokingly heartfelt expression.

He merely smiled, centring attention back to the fire pit. In a few minutes, it finally sparks the sticks into a decent flame.

"Finally!!" Midna shouts, stretching her imp body out as if in need of sleep.

Link begins settling in himself, having already set the Ordon Sword and his newly acquired Hylian Shield in the tent.

Both were on the path to Death Mountain, but they didn't want to head to Kakariko Village this late into the night.

"So uh..." Midna asked, looking around. "Where exactly do I sleep?"

Link pointed to the tent that he just was exiting from, still unable to carry two tents. Midna sighs with a slight smile. "Still can't get me a bed, huh?"

Link's face turned a bright pink, Midna bursting into a fit of laughter after realising what the so-called 'Hero' could be thinking.

"Hoh by the goddesses, Link! Ahahahah!" Minda cried out, Link stubbornly heating up a fish he caught with his hat dainted over his eyes.

Link eventually ate it, sighing after a long night. He felt something nudge against his leg.

Midna must've fallen asleep.. He thought, gently picking her up and heading for the tent, resting her on his bed.

He put out the fire and headed in, removing his hat and wrapping an arm around Midna. She flinched a little, almost affectionately taking his arm.

He flushed again, holding the Twili imp in his arms, and drifting into sleep. He was happy to have someone like Midna by his side.