Midna...

He was finished. The Dark Lord and Demon Thief of the Gerudo, Ganondorf, was striken down by my blade. I'd driven it fiercely through the center piece of his armor, where he'd been previously marked down by a holy blade of the Sages.

He'd attempted to stand, barely holding his composure of a stance as he coughed blood onto the soil of Hyrule Field. He menaced, piercing through my eyes to get through me with intimidation. "Do not think this ends here..." he spoke, breath getting heavier with every consious step. "The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!" He'd attemped to move, but the only glance I could see was him standing, cold.

Dead. Once and for all, dead.

I'd looked into Zelda's eyes, claiming victory to Hyrule. The fight against evil was over, moderately for us. But something was still missing. Someone was missing.

It had taken me but a moment to hear the angelic chanting of the 4 light spirits. Ordona, Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin. Their lights of life were circled around the Fused Shadow helm.

Midna...

I waited for the spirits' light to fade away, before, making a slow but eventually worryful sprint over to her. Please be alive, by the goddesses please be alive..

I'd stopped in front of the cloaked figure resting peacefully in the grass. It veiled her body, unable to see much. Silence rested for sometime, before I spoke.

"M-Midna...?"

I took a single step, the right boot of my Hero's Tunic resting itself dirtily in the dirt of the Hylian plains. She finally arose, and perspectives switched. She was no longer the little imp I remembered.

She must've been a whole foot taller than myself, graced in her beautiful cloak and crown, her skin still containing the tribal markings of the Twili that shinned into my eyes with a neverending curiosity. Her firey-orange hair had no longer been in a ponytail, but was now fancied about thanks to the crown upon her hood.

Seeing her like this brought many emotions. I felt slight embarrasment from staring, sadness after her seemingly dying, but by the goddesses I'd be lying if I'd said I wasn't happy. Happy and joyous to see Midna. She caught me, and teased in her usual tone.

"What? Say something!" She smiled, her lips visible and glistened in a deep midnight blue. Her eyes finally met with mine, as I stiffened a blush of embarrasment. "Am I so beautiful that you have no words left?" Damn the golden goddesses, she'd really had me. But.. I'd had this overwhelming desire hit me at the moment. It blanketed everything else I had felt.

I took another step. And another. And henceforth a few more. I ended up falling into her arms, holding her close to me as tightly as possible. Something came over me, but suddenly I felt I might lose her. And I didn't want that to happen. Again. She could partly understand, holding me close but uncomparibly so. "Link.." She spoke my name.

I finally arose my head, my eyes of sapphire blue filled with burning tears. Why was I crying? I'd suddenly felt misery over remembering her 'death'. "I.. I thought I'd lost you!!" I broke into a tension filled sob, clinging to her as if never ever wanting to relieve such haunting moments. "I thought he'd killed y-you.. took you away from me with his bare hands, grinning at me to spite my emotions so that rage and hatred would take me over!.." I continued, but had finished. "So that I would have won for nothing.."

She made an all too familiar move, gracing her right hand into my cheek, but now both. Once more her eyes locked with mine. I'm unsure of what came over her, but she'd started crying herself. Soon both of us broke into a sob, holding each other like the world beneath our feet was slipping away.

"I missed you.."

"I missed you too.."

And we couldn't let go.