Desert Rumble

Why, oh Hylia, why. Why did it have to be a desert? Link sighed heavily as he stood, having been fired out of that canon for the third time this week. Midna always got into a fit of laughter seeing the various ways he got stuck. Head first into the sand and buried 4 feet, foot in a barrel, hammock ripping, and thankfully less dangerous things. This time he almost landed on his feet. He did for 1 second, a full blown second, and then fell face first once more onto the burning surface.

"Link?" Midna questioned the 'Hero of Twilight', as his title went. "Yo, uh Link. Seriously. Get up." She brought out the Ordon Shield stored within his pockets, unused long after the Hylian Shield was his. She thwapped him on the back of the head. "Ow." His voice was muffled from the sand, coughing up stuff on his mouth and wiping off his tounge. "Hey, new record." She smirked at him, Link spitting a mouthful of sand off the cliffside. "Shut up." He spoke in a half annoyed/half joking tone, Midna getting the joke out of it. "Where's the horse?" She asked, Link blinking.

"Oh for Nayru's sake.. Epona can't fit in the cannon.. Oh no. OH NO." Link sighed tiredly, taking that fact into consideration. "I have to walk. This ENTIRE DESERT. ON FOOT." Link flopped back down onto the steaming sand. Midna face palmed with her imp hand, her hair serving as somewhere to levitate and sit. "I'm not turning you into a wolf for this." She stated, ready for him to argue. "Pleeeeease!" "I thought you didn't like being the wolf." "Yeah, well, I had Epona there, and not here-" "Not happenin'." She returned to his shadow, giggling from underneath. It was fun toying with him.

(2 hours later...)

Walking. How was he still walking?! Midna's thoughts went all over as the night was deep, Link keeping an eye for Arbiter's Grounds. You'd think eventually he'd give into it and fall flat on his rear. "Link?" Midna finally popped up from the shadow, her true colors showing in the night.

"Hm?" The boy turned his head over to the imp. "How in Din's name have you been walking for so long?" He finally felt the fatigue hit him blunt like a rock. "...I miss Telma's cooking." She smiled. "Is that a Full Moon calling?"

"Oh you're so funny." She snapped her fingers, Link finally turning into a wolf. He felt happy with the stamina, immediately taking off as soon as Midna mounted. Wolf Link sniffed through the air, eventually catching the scent of a campfire.

"FOOD!" He licked his lips, darting forward towards the Bokoblin campsite. "FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOOOOOD!" His mind raced faster than he did, killing off the Bokoblins in a fury, they yelping painfully as they were tackled, unable to escape. Becoming human once more, he dug into the barrels, scarfing down meats, breads, and apples.

Midna was rather surprised at the ravenous reaction, Link fast asleep by the time she could even think of what just happened. "U-Uh.." Oooooookay, I'm bringing him to Kakariko for a hot spring.