follow the flame

(Lexa being overprotective of her candles is my fav)

-

The horizon was dripping with shades of purple, pink, and blue. Lexa's voice was silent as she entered the room we shared. Her movements behind me broke my gaze from the sunset to the beautiful commander standing behind my shoulder. I swiftly turned to face her when her gaze fell beside me.

"You blew the candle out!" She said running to relight the flame.

"I didn't mean to, it just happened! I turned and the way I moved must have caused it to blow out." I said jokingly, her eyes met mine and her feet took slow steps towards me.

"Hmmm, maybe we should teach you a lesson about blowing out my candles?" She said smiling evilly.

"Lexa, what are you doing?" I laughed as her body was standing in front of mine.

Her hands snaked around my waist and her smile grew bigger as she started to tickle my sides. The scary and intimidating commander wasn't so scary after all.

-

No matter where you were in the city you could see the candlelight shining from Lexa's window. Like a guide for the lost or a small symbol of hope, but for me it was home. I know if I follow the flame it will lead me home, to Lexa.

// sorry it's short//