Chapter 17

I know I have killed, I have sinned, but I was born a sinner....

The bright lights shined through the city as a hungry scorpion rampaged and fought. A vicious growl left it's lips as its pinches clicked and a sharp pointed tail was sent toward the group of men who screamed in terror, witnessing a ghoul attack maybe even worse than the owl.

And though I know that forgiveness will never be granted for the things that I have done... Forgiveness is not what I beg for...

Groups of CCG were brought down one by one, even quinque guns did nothing but a small sting to the scorpion who was but a female on all fours with dashing speed and long pointed tails. It's venom had only just begun for it's fury had barely shown yet. It was only the beginning of it's power.

A watchful eye over, I plead, for the love of my life is not of infatuation but it is unconditional...

Men watched in horror as fellow CCG men are lifted and pinched in half, sometimes even by groups of fives. The sick and rasped voice of the girl came in laughs and mumblings of insanity, her face covered in a dark mask, the holes where her eyes should have been glowed white.

Feed me!

And I am not sorrowful over such a subject, love is blind and not kind. But for an odd reason it has chosen to prey it's kindness over me and though it will end in death... I am content, for my love shall grow and live...

Squealing in an almost demonic voice when a man had gotten close enough to cut a leg, only to return the favor by devouring the man. The smell of blood being heavy in the air and this day of terror forever remembered. But on the inside, past Star's rage and the scorpion's hunger, she did not want this. She did not want to hurt anyone, understanding was what she truly and honestly craved.

And though it saddens me that I was not mean't to see such greatness, that I will not feel the tears run down my face as I see all the wonderful things she is going to do with her life, I am happy. I feel it in my bones that shake from the knowing of my upcoming death that she will do great things even with a life filled with misery. For she would pin to herself rather than pain another...

I-I can't do this...

As if all it took was Star's break of anger, Star's compassion that always tried to hide yet never did, it stopped. The anger and hatred stopped.

And the scorpion began to slowly unravel until she was nothing but a small pale curled up girl in the middle of the street surrounded by blood, destruction and loss. Her gaze was hazed over and her crimson eyes seemed to have faded their glow as she was lifted from the ground cautiously.

"P-Please take me away... Chain and l-lock me up..." She whispered to the men who were confused yet shocked but decided not to express it. But a white haired man who stood close enough to hear her rasped voice took in her words and he decided he wanted to talk to her. He felt that there was something special about her.

And so as I give my final thoughts and wishes before I head into my certain death, this war zone that what I don't finish will be completed by my love... I would like for her to know that I love her....

The pale body was locked in the back of the truck behind caged bars.

Unconditionally...

Arima glanced carelessly but interest had lit his irises.