Chapter 1- The Nightmare

Itachi was sitting on his bed in his room reading a book when he heard his door creak open. In walked little Sasuke.

"Sasuke? What are you doing outside of bed?"

"I couldn't sleep. Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Itachi got up and tried to get the boy back to his room, but as stubborn as he was, he refused to go back to his bed.

He noticed his brother's face looked flushed, so he placed the back of his hand on his forehead. His eyes widened when he realized how hot he felt.

"You're running a fever, you shouldn't be out of bed. Let me help you back to your room."

Sasuke shook his head, refusing to go back to his room.

"I'm fine, big brother. I can take care of myself, you know."

Sasuke slipped out of his grasp and was about to climb into his brother's bed when he felt a tug on the collar of his shirt.

"That's it, I'm forcing you to bed."

Itachi was about to pick him up when he was pushed away by his brother, who was struggling to stand on his own. He was a bit shocked by his sudden action, but it was to be expected with that temper of his. Itachi smiled at how much Sasuke resembled himself when he was his age.

"As I thought, you're too stubborn to listen."

The younger Uchiha looked away in embarrassment, avoiding all eye contact with the older boy. Itachi gently grabbed Sasuke's chin and turned to face him. Sasuke didn't listen but instead continued looking in the other direction.

"Sasuke, please look at me." He said calmly, still holding the boy's face in his hand.

Sasuke continued to pout, still refusing to look at his brother. Itachi couldn't help but smile and giggle a little at how stubborn his brother was. Itachi let go of the boy's chin and placed his forehead on Sasuke's. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh as he let the warmth of the boy's fever consume his forehead. Sasuke was shocked. Itachi has never done that before. Taking advantage of the moment, he peeked at his brother's face, admiring his features. Itachi felt the boy's eyes on him and took advantage, He suddenly opened his eyes and met Sasuke's. They were red. Sasuke's eyes widened, He suddenly started feeling sleepy. His eyes fought to stay open. Itachi picked his brother up and started to carry him to his room.

"N-no. Put me...down.''

Sasuke struggled to push himself away from his brother's hold. Eventually, the heavy feeling of sleep consumed him and he fell limp in his brother's arms.

"Sorry, Sasuke"

He said before taking the boy to his room and tucking him under the covers. Itachi moved the bangs from the boy's forehead and placed a cool rag on his head before leaving. 

As the night went on. Sasuke had a dream about the day his parents died. He had witnessed their murder while being hidden in a secret room in the house that no one but the family knew about. A group of men came in search of Fugaku, accusing him of murdering a clan member. Fugako claimed his innocence but no one believed him because he was the last one who was known to be with him on the night of the murder. 

The argument turned into a fight which ended in Fagaku getting stabbed. Sasuke saw his dad get murdered as his mom cried beside his body. He wanted to cry out but Itachi covered his mouth with his hand. He could do nothing but hug his brother and cry. The men started to break things in the house and Mikoto had enough. They killed her husband and now they're destroying her home. She grabbed the nearest object and before she could do anything with it, Itachi ran out of their hiding spot and one of the men stabbed him with a sword.