Chapter 5 - Taking Care of Sasuke

Itachi listened to the sound of his brother's soft breaths as he walked home. Somehow it soothed him.
Once they reached home he placed Sasuke in his bed.

"Mmn..."

Sasuke let out a soft moan and began to stir.
His vision was blurry but he could make out a figure.

"I.. Itachi?"

His eyes went wide with surprise and he sat straight up without a warning.

"Sasuke!, don't sit up so fast or you'll-"

Before he could finish Sasuke passed out again.

"Pass out... *sigh*" Itachi covered the boy and replaced the cool cloth on his forehead after wetting it. 

"I don't know what's wrong with you. What's making you so sick?" He said as he brushed the bangs out of Sasuke's face.

He watched the boy's face which seemed to look pained.

He sat next to Sasuke on the side of the bed and stroked his cheek as he watched his chest rise and fall with the soft breaths he took. Sasuke seemed to lean into the touch.

He smiled and kissed his brother on the forehead and left the room closing the door behind him.

》》Time Skip《《

Itachi went to check on Sasuke to see how he was doing.

"Still Asleep." He sighed and went over to the boy.

He placed a hand on Sasuke's forehead his fever went away which was a relief. He tried to wake the sleeping boy but he wouldn't wake up. He placed his hand on his brother's forehead, only then did he stir. Sasuke furrowed his brow letting out a soft moan as he opened his eyes.

"Ita-chi?" His vision focused on a familiar face. He felt a coolness on his forehead and motioned to touch his head, he grabbed Itachi's hand and gently put it down.

"You had another fever"

Sasuke looked blankly at Itachi almost like a puppy. It took him a while to notice he was in his room.

"What happened?" He asked not remembering the incident at school. Itachi looked surprised at the question.

'He doesn't remember?' He thought to himself.

"You don't remember?" He asked in a concerned tone.

Sasuke thought for a minute thinking back to the incident. He slowly sat up with the help of his brother and answered. 

"The only thing I remember was seeing blood everywhere, then everything went dark and I woke up here..."

Itachi sighed and stood up. Sasuke followed his movements with his head. Itachi placed a hand on his forehead and on his cheek checking his fever.

"You still have a slight fever, maybe you should rest some more."

Itachi said with a smile. His smile looked almost pained as if he felt bad that he couldn't do much to help his sick brother. Sasuke was feeling a little sleepy now that he mentioned it. Itachi leaned in and placed a kiss on the young boy's warm forehead.

He was about to leave the room when he felt a slight tug on his shirt.

He turned to face the boy. Sasuke was trying to utter something but he couldn't make out what he was saying.

"What is it Sasuke?" Itachi asked

Sasuke blushed from embarrassment at what he was about to ask.

"Uhm. Can- can you stay with me?" He asked shyly.

The Uchiha giggled a little and got into bed with no question. They both lay facing each other the oldest caressing the youngers hair until he fell asleep. Eventually, sleep caught up, and instead of leaving, he fell asleep next to his brother.