¤Chapter 49¤

Xavier's POV

I watched Erin run off into the woods. She's changed. Completely.

"I'll go get her," I said. Edward nodded and helped everyone get inside. I walked into the woods, sniffing for her scent.

'She's one of us! I can sense her wolf clearly now. But there's something else there.' Aiden said.

'I thought I was the only one.' I said. Aiden started pacing in my head.

'Yeah, but-'

"SHUT UP!" My body tensed and I started running.

"Erin," I called out. I stopped running when I saw her on her knees.

"What have I done?" She whispered to herself. My wolf whimpered at the sight.

"Erin. It's okay." I said, walking to her. She shook her head.

"I killed someone." She said. I walked in front of her and shook my head.

"No, you did not. He's still alive." I said. She looked me into my eyes.

"What is happening to me? Why are there voices in my head? Why am I-"

"You're starting to change. Well, I think you have changed completely." I said. She groaned, holding her head.

"They won't shut up." She said. I put my finger under her chin, lifting her head up. The sparks were stronger now.

"Let me talk to them," I said. Her eyebrows furred up.

"I don't know how to..." She trailed off. I chuckled.

"I'll show you. First, let's get back to the house." I said, getting ready to stand.

"No. I want to do it now." She said. I sighed and sat all the way down.

"Okay. Breathe in and breathe out." I said. She laughed.

"What is this? Yoga?" She asked. I smiled. She breathed in then breathed out.

"Close your eyes and let them take control." She closed her eyes and I could feel the power starting to radiate off her body.

Her eyes flew open and she flew into my arms. I fell back.

"Mate." Her wolf said. My wolf howled and tried to take control.

'No, Aiden.' I said. He growled.

"You are mine. No one else's." Her wolf said. I bit my lip, pulling us back up.

"Look, let's... talk first," I said, unable to form my words. She nodded and plopped down on the ground.

"What's your name?" I asked. She smiled, her black eyes shimmering from the moonlight.

"Ebony." She said. I smiled.

"Alright, Ebony. How long have you've been with Erin?" I asked, curious. She furred a brow.

"Well, maybe a good few weeks." She said.

"Why are you just showing now?" I asked. She shrugged.

"She fought against me. It's actually funny. She doesn't even know she was talking to me half of the time. She thought she was talking to herself." Ebony said.

I stared at her.

"I want to talk to Mist now," I said. She nodded and closed her eyes. She looked like she was having some trouble, but then she opened her eyes. My eyes widened when I saw Mist's eyes. They weren't black like Ebony's. They were bright red.