¤Chapter 73¤

Xavier's POV

As Erin walked away, a thought popped into my head.

"Erin, wait." She stopped and turned towards me. I walked over to the cabinets and grabbed three rolls of compression wraps. I walked back to the mirror and handed two of them to her.

"What are these for?" She asked. I unwrapped the first one and tied it around the faucet. I gave her the roll.

"It's so you won't get lost in there. Hold on to it and when that roll is gone, just add to it." I said. She nodded and turned around, walking off into the darkness.

I sighed and rubbed my head. This is crazy. Two Erins? Mirror doors? Dots?

I shook my head, looking through the mirror. I hope she stays safe.

'We have to kill the other one! She's not our mate!' Aiden said.

'I know. Calm down.' I said. He growled, pacing in my head.

'Calm down? Our mate has just gone through some weird passageway to retrieve some dude! Our real mate!' He yelled. I growled at him.

'I know that, Aiden. Now shut up.' I said, growling. He growled back but didn't say anything else.

"Xavier."

I looked towards the bathroom door, slightly panicked. I gritted my teeth and made sure the door was locked.

"Yes... Erin?"

"What's taking you so long? Is she dead?" She asked. My fists clenched.

"Yes," I said, without thinking. She chuckled and the doorknob twisted.

"Why is the door locked, Xavier?" She asked. I bit my lip, trying to think of an excuse.

"I'm just cleaning up all the blood. Don't worry." I said, glaring at the door. I heard her sigh.

"We can get someone else to do that. Open the door. I want to see her dead body." She said, her voice strained.

"You don't have to see this, Erin. I can take care of this by myself." I said.

'I need all fighters and guards to be in close proximity of the pack hospital.' I mind-linked to the whole pack.

She kept turning the doorknob.

"Just open the door." She said, banging on the door.

I rushed to the door, trying to think of something. What could I do to keep her from coming in?

"Erin?"

"Yes, Xavier?" She responded back. I closed my eyes, shaking my head. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"What washes up on tiny beaches?" I asked. It was silent on the other end of the door.

"What? What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Just answer the question."

"I don't know. What washes up on tiny beaches?" She asked.

"Microwaves. Get it? Tiny beach. Microwaves." I said, a fake laugh making its way out my mouth.

"That's dumb, Xavier." She said. I nodded, agreeing with her.

"I got another one," I said, trying to think of some more cringe-worthy jokes.

"A magician was driving down the road... then he turned into a driveway," I said, smiling slightly.

"He turned into-- What is this, Xavier? You're supposed to be a comedian now?" She asked. I frowned.