Bedlam

Berlin's POV

"There're unidentified travelers poking at our gates, demanding to see you sir," a guard told Kane as he stepped outside. "I'm not sure how much longer we can abstain from attacking, they don't seem to surrender from threats."

"How many are there?" he asked, placing his arm gently on the guard's shoulder, deep in thought.

"Three, sir," he stammered. Kane turned to look at him with the same expression I had myself of confusion. He looked outside and ran to meet with the rest of the council, where a familiar face stood, that of Clarke Griffin.

I ran after him, through the crowd and directing myself towards the gates, hoping to climb onto the watchtower. With only a couple of spectacle stares I made my way as far and as fast as I could up the ladder. Finally getting a view of the intruders my heart sank to what felt like an ache in my heels. Piercing, radiated, blond autumn eyes instantly met mine over the gates with a smirk that read wicked amusement. I shuttered and nearly fell off the ladder as my insides whimpered in fear.

Why were they here? I was called down by a guard and quickly made my way down and towards Kane who continued huddled with the faces of leadership.

"You shouldn't fight them!" I shouted as I included myself into the conversation.

Kane looked at me and stared curiously, "Why do you say that?" he asked.

I blinked, not knowing the answer. "They could be dangerous," I forced, crossing my arms across my chest.

He raised an eyebrow but was interrupted by Bellamy who stepped forth and pulled me away. "I'm sorry Kane, I'll take care of-"

Before he could finish his sentence the front doors slammed down onto the ground. Everyone turned in absolute horror, no one daring to move for a long second as the dust settled.

"Everyone inside!" Dr. Griffin shouted, breaking the steady silence. She hadn't even finished warning before everyone turned to pure bedlam. Everybody except the guard went dashing inside with zero organization. Many pushing me back but I refused to leave. I had to see this through.

Through the dust cloud I saw their eyes glow in the same radiation, in blue, yellow and red. Panic nearly trampled me to the ground until Bellamy pulled me aside. I pushed away from him and continued out of the crowd, ignoring every shove and push. The outside finally cleared and I could hear someone shouting my voice in panic. I wanted to turn and look at the voice but I was in the trance of the siren at the door. Nothing would stop my curiosity until I was fully exposed under their stare and regretted every push forward. 

With a creak of his head I stared into the center of a daisy in his eyes. My knees trembled unintentionally and I felt a need to fight them away, at the same time knowing it was my fault. Almost as if I had fallen asleep he was by my side as I blinked back into reality at his hand on my arm. The violent pull spun me around and brought a sharp blade to my neck. I swallowed and stared blankly at the scene before me. I felt nothing. There was no real reaction I could have given so I gave none.

"Berlin!" I heard a couple of times, from here and there. Each time the beholder claiming a different tone but all sharing a similar perturbation. 

Then my lungs made me human again, with a hyperventilation and smacked my eyes awake. I blinked and noted the situation, the sharpness against my airways and the nasty human standing behind me. I smirked, unexpectedly. 

Pushing my kidnapper's arm away I turned but he was too strong and threw me down on one knee. He forced my chin up and I stared yet again into the abyss of his eyes. As I stared into his eyes he grew less and less familiar, until I melted under the stranger's stare a last time and he released me. 

I blinked in confusion and was pulled back by Bellamy who brought me behind him. He stared in alarm at the strangers as we all waited them to speak. 

The brunette stood in the front and walked forth, a swing in his feet made him look clown-like, it reminded me much of someone I'd known a long time ago, their sarcasm filling their every action. 

He clapped his hands together and everyone went silent. "Wow, I knock one door down and the whole place flips their shit. Incredible," he said with a chuckle. His face sat in a teasing smirk, making us stay at the edge of our seats. 

He licked his lips and looked straight at me. "My dear," he spoke. I had never met the man before, what makes him so interested in me? He crooked his head to the right and his smile faded. "You must have been caught in our bomb, I'm so sorry. That was my bad," he toyed, raising his hand. 

"Identify yourself," Bellamy demanded, raising his gun fearlessly. 

"Oh, I didn't mean to upset your boyfriend. Please don't shoot me," he said raising his hands. We all watched and he looked up again, breaking his surrender with a chuckle."You won't shoot me," he challenged walking towards us. 

"What makes you think I won't?" Bellamy warned, taking a step forward himself. 

The stranger raised an eyebrow and smiled in amusement, "So do it." He extended his arms and left his chest exposed for the kill.

Bellamy readjusted his gun and pointed it straight at him as he continued to come closer. And he shot. The bullet went straight into the man's shoulder, missing his important organs. Bellamy hadn't shot to kill.

"Bellamy, stand down!" Kane shouted before stepping forward. 

The man pushed against his wound and turned away, in pain I supposed, "Alright, I surrender!" he shouted, falling back. We all looked around at each other, not believing anything that had just happened. Then his chuckle caused everyone's heart to sink and skin crawl. He turned back and relieved his unharmed shoulder with the bullet flat in his hand. 

"How did you do that?" Kane asked with a child's curiosity. 

The stranger looked at him and back at the bullet before pitching it through his left hand. Kane cried out and brought his hand to his chest in pain. Dr. Griffin was quick to pull him back into the crowd and then away into medical as he shouted ordered around. 

I stared for a while before I walked up to the guy myself. "Who are you?" I shouted.

"And she has a voice," he said before pulling me into his arms and smiling down at me. I gave him a disgusted look and spit in his face. "Mn, I like you," he said as he cleaned his face to shove me around and hug me like a backpack. He brought his hands to the buttons at the top of my shirt and slightly pulled, staring straight a Bellamy.

My cheeks were quick to turn bright red and if he wasn't sexually harassing me enough he brought his hand up to my face and stuck a dirty finger in my mouth. 

And then the last thing I heard was a gun shot. The blow went straight into my chest but I only felt a second of pain before I hit the ground.