D is for Date Night

A/N

This is what I think would've happened in BotL if Percy and Annabeth had gotten to go on theit 'date.'

"OK, enjoy your date with Annabeth!" Percy's mother told her son.

"Mom, it's not a date! It's just me and Annabeth. Just two friends." Percy defended, pulling a blue shirt over his head. He wore cargo shorts with his blue flip flops.

"Going to dinner..."

"Yeah,"

"Then to a movie...."

"yeah..."

"so it's a da-"

"Don't say it!" Percy said, stopping his mom from finishing.

" Come on Percy. I know you like Annabeth." Sally said to her blushing son.

"Whatever. Bye mom!"

Once out of the apartment building, Percy waited for Annabeth on a bench. When he saw her, it felt like his heart was doing gymnastics. She had straightened her hair, and she wore green shorts and a Florence+The Machine concert tee. Her black high tops had the tongue  sticking out, and she looked amazing.

"Hey Percy!" she chirped.

Well, she's more cheeky than normal.... he thought.

"Hey!" he replied, smiling up at the blonde.

"So, where are we going?" she asked as he stood up.

"Wanna go to Golden Corral?" he asked.

"Sure." In all, it only took them five minutes to walk to the restaurant. Once they had a plate of food, they sat at a table for two and talked aimlessly. About half an hour later, they left and headed for the movie theater. On the way, when some weirdos kept staring and trying to talk to her, she made a weak attempt to grab Percy's hand. He held it tightly, much to her relief.

OMG's! His hand is so soft and fits perfectly with mine!!!!!! Annabeth cheered in her mind.

Once they reached the movie theater, they got two tickets for Despicable Me 2.

                                       ~time lapse~

Annabeth had loved the movie. They had shared a bag of popcorn, and since she hadn't ordered her own drink, Percy shared his with her! She loved it!!!!!!

As they walked back to his apartment, they stayed silent, but it was the good kind of silence. Now they were outside Percy's apartment, and they were just staring at each other in the hallway.

"Annabeth, I-I-" but never finished. Instead, he just kissed her. When they pulled apart, they were both smiling like goobers.

"Annabeth, will you be my girlfriend?' Percy asked her nervously.

"I thought you'd never ask!"she cried before kissing him again.

As she left Percy did a little happy dance in the hall, not knowing that his mom had seen everything.