M is for Mommy

"I'll talk with you later, Piper. Bye!" Annabeth hung up the phone and went to sit with her daughter, Tanya Jackson.

Tanya was around eight months old, and talked very little. She was trying to stand up, and her butt was only six inches of the ground when she plopped back down. She giggled, before trying to stand again. This time, Annabeth took her hands and held her up.

"There you go, baby." Annabeth cooed while slowly letting go of Tanya's hand. The baby staggered a little, but stayed standing. Annabeth let go of her other hand, and she fell down. "Careful, baby."

Annabeth took Tanya's hands again, letting go of them one at a time. This time, she stayed upright. She did one of those adorable baby claps while taking a wobbly step. Annabeth watched as Tanya slowly made her way over to her, ready to catch her if she fell. Once Tanya reached Annabeth, she sat down and resumed playing with her blocks.

"That's my baby girl. Yes it is!" The front door opened, and Percy stepped inside. He shrugged off his wet coat as Tanya wobbled over to him.

He crouched down and Tanya ran into his outstretched arms. "Did mommy teach you how to walk?" He asked, kissing Tanya's forehead. The word mommy triggered something in her brain as she pointed at Annabeth.

"Mommy"

A/N

This isn't one of my best works, but it's OK. The next one might be sad, so just a friendly heads up.