The Marriage Project [Part 1]

A/N: Dedication to ParisLove- for the AMAZING cover!! :D
Dedication to xx_wanting_xx for editing this!

--

I raced around my room, trying to find the perfect top while talking to my friends on the phone. Hayden is my best guy friend. He's always there when you need someone to talk to, or someone who can lend you a shoulder to cry on. He can also be there when you don't want him. But he's probably the most amazing guy you could ever ask to be your friend. Best friend, that is.

Then there's Sofia [ Pronounced as Sophia ], your typical teen girl who's a rebel and loves to have fun. Sometimes too much fun. She's always there for you when you need to talk about girl things, or when you just have absolutely no one to turn to. She pops out of nowhere. Literally. Once I was walking along the sidewalk, and she just magically appeared beside me and started talking like it was totally natural. I think she stalks me. But I still love her, I mean... Where would I be without Sofia? Probably stuck in a rut, not able to get out, and the quicksand was sucking me down further and further until it was almost impossible for me to breathe. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.... but, still!

"So..." Sofia started, sounding like she was going to continue.

"So." I replied back, still looking around the room.

"We might be able to 'marry' Trevor!" Sofia screamed into the phone. I squealed back.

"Ah! I know! Oh my gosh... Trevor... The hottest guy in school, and we have a chance to 'marry' him!" I continued squealing as did Sofia.

"Uh... guys, guys, I'm still here. Well, what's left of my ear drums..." Hayden said. He sounded faint, as if he were holding the phone a ways away from him. He probably was.

"Oh sorry!" I exclaimed, trying not to be squeaky. "I think I'm going to go anyways, I mean I need to find an acceptable shirt. Bye!"

"O-okay. Bye." Haydon said, slightly stuttering.

"Good luck! See you at school. Bye!" Sofia said to me before we all hung up. I tossed the phone on my bed and quickly searched my dressers. My father came upstairs as he examined my scurrying around before he said anything... Or I said anything for that matter.

"Yes, dad? Can't you see I'm doing something?" I said, still rushing around. I found a semi-decent shirt that had a stain on it.

"Yes I can, honey, but your mother wants you to come down and have some breakfast." He said, coolly and calmly.

"I can't right now. I need to find a cute shirt! I'm getting married this morning." I said without realizing what I said and kept looking around, finally finding a shirt.

My dad looked towards the stairs then at me and slowly walked out as he called out, "H-honey. A little help here?"

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut after he had made his way towards the stairs and flung my pajama shirt off. The cold air hitting my bare skin sent shivers up and down my spine as I quickly put on my cute top that I found. I slid into my skinny jeans and tossed my backpack straps over my shoulders as I raced out of my room and down the stairs, grabbing a piece of toast that was sitting on the table on a plate.

Probably what my breakfast was supposed to be since there was a piece of toast, some eggs, a piece of bacon, and a strip of sausage sitting on the plate. I stared at the glass that held an orange substance; Orange juice. I hate that stuff. I sighed and took a swig so mom wouldn't freak out on me about 'not drinking or eating enough vitamins' and ran out the door, hoping to catch my bus on time.

To my luck, I caught it. Well, close to...

"Hey! Wait up! Wait, stop! STOP!" I yelled as I raced beside the yellow #12 bus, trying to show the driver that I was trying to get in. He finally noticed me and stopped as I climbed in.