How I Met Your Mother // AU

A/N: Guys!! Omg I bet y'all thought I was dead!! Lmao. No, I've just been busy with school a lot and with homework. But I am back! Back with another one-shot :) ♡ Thank y'all for being patient with dear old me !! And I'll stop writing/talking and let you read this awful written one-shot. Enjoy! Xo Brie (Remember to Comment/Message for suggestions, vote & follow {if you want to !} )

[EDITED A/N: I also changed the cover for the one-shot yasssss!! It's from the recent cacw trailer btw]

---------------------

It was the thirty-first of December, the year nineteen-ninety-nine. Every New Years, I would spend with my family. Mom, Dad, Sabrina and Me. But this year was different. I met with a couple old friends from high school. Tony Stark, who is now the youngest billionaire and CEO of Stark Industries. Thor Odinson, my best friend since elementary. And of course the rest of them, including Bucky and Sam.

My parents were in town too but Sabrina decided to spend her New Years with her ass-hat of a boyfriend in Seattle. I convinced her to spend New Years with my old pals and her girl-friends too in New York but, she told me her ass-hat boyfriend would surely propose to her tonight. I was on the verge of flying to Seattle and beating the crap out of him.

Too bad I was busy getting ready to welcome the new millennium with my friends.

Anywho, Tony Stark, the genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist had a special New Years party that night. At first, we thought it was only for us and our families but no, he invited every employer of Stark Industries. And well, basically everyone he knew.

He exclusively rented the most expensive hotel in New York, just for tonight's party. It had an over-view of the Hudson River on one side and on the other, Times Square so we could see the ball drop. It was magical and truly such a stunning view. Perfect for spending New Years.

For me, New Years was the only time of the year, where you can really reminisce about what happened during the whole year. Reminisce about the good times and reminisce about the bad times. New Years is the day where you can say to yourself and say 'alright, this year I'm gonna do better. Better than before' and New Years is the the time to let the past go and get ready to create something anew.

Last New Years was painful for me. I wanted to surprise my then-girlfriend of nearly four years, with a proposal. I had the ring, the restaurant booked. And I even booked us a room in one of the finest New York hotel, just so we both could see the ball drop. But, things weren't exactly going the way we planned it. She told me she got accepted into some fancy university, specifically for female lawyers, in Switzerland and never looked back on me again.

But this year was gonna be different, I told myself. Who needs girls to worry about on New Year's Eve? I had my old pals from high school with me, my family and a whole new millennium ahead of us. Sure my little sister isn't here and I'm single but, this new year is gonna be a great one.

Or so I thought it was.

It turned out all my high school friends, including your typical nerd, Bruce Banner, had girlfriends. That's right, girlfriends. Some even got married. And had children.

"So where's your girlfriend of wife, Rogers?" Clint Barton, the infamous archer in high school who was now an Olympic gold medalist asked me. Alongside was his wife, Barbara or Bobbi. They had one son, Francis who was currently running around with the other children.

"No wife and girlfriend dumped me." I say with a sad smile. I tried not to show feelings but, I just couldn't. She was the love of my love and now she left.