Prologue

Year: 2098
The President of the United States scowled with his bushy, white eyebrows while staring out of the White House. He watched dogs running wild, scampering through the city like pack rats through his crystal clear windows.
Trash blew through the city from the fallen waste baskets the dogs knocked over. Feces scattered the roads and the walkways, urine stained everywhere. Even the gate of the White House, was darkened with previous marks.
The President glanced to the right and spotted people sneaking down the trashed sidewalks, ignoring the disease-carrying animals.
What has the world come to? Have the mutts taken over the country? My country?!
The leader stomped away from his window, pulling the few hairs left on his scalp and clenched his teeth together with anger.
"What do I do?!" He shouted to himself. "We euthanize hundreds everyday! It's like the fucking zombie apocalypse of dogs..." The President's voice trailed off, he faced his long, brown desk. He spotted his name tag that read 'President Gary M. Klein.'
"Of course I'm the President!" Gary stared up at the ceiling, shaking a thick fist. "You hear me up there, God?! Huh?! Why didn't you do anything?! Oh yeah, that's right, you don't exist!"
A small beep sounded from the telemarketer.
"Mister President?" A woman's breathy voice came from the pint-sized box.
The old man sprinted toward the voice and jabbed his finger on a red button. "Yes?" He grumbled, still steaming with anger.
"The Vice President would like to see you-" The secretary was soon cut off by the enraged President.
"Send 'em in!" Then he let go of the button and hung up. The President quickly sat in his chair and straightened his tie. He licked his hand and smoothed down his hair. Gary folded his hands and laid them on the desk, waiting for the Vice President.
Within minutes, a soft knock sounded. The President cleared his throat and inhaled a deep breath. "Come in."
The door squeaked open and the young face of the Vice President appeared. His green eyes looked excited and he wore a mischievous smile on his pale pink lips.
"Mister President, do I have an idea for you!" The VP said happily.
"Let me hear it, Rick." The President rumbled ignoring the young man's humor in his voice.
"I know a way to stop his dog apocalypse." He smiled.
"Spit it out!"
The Vice President frowned at the old man's impatience and told him his idea.
A wave of silence washed over the two men, until the President raised his white brows in surprise and he gasped, "Rick, that's brilliant! It will solve everything!"
"I'm not so dumb, huh?" The Vice President laughed.
"Yeah, whatever. Let's try to pass this bill!"

After weeks of waiting for the Supreme Court to make a decision, the bill became a law, and the President decided to make a broadcast to every person in the country. Workers of the White House gathered in the President's office and helped get the camera ready.
The President combed his few hairs and a woman touched up his face with makeup.
"How does that look?" The woman asked while holding a mirror to the old man's face.
"Great. Alright, I'm ready." The President stood up off his chair and strolled to his office. Cameras clicked while he walked and plopped in his leather desk chair.
"Are you ready, Mister President?" A scrawny man with square glasses over his brown eyes asked.
"Just a sec." The leader sat up on his chair and cleared his throat. He straightened his tie and smoothed down his white hairs.
He nodded at the cameraman. "Alright. We're on in three...two...one." The man signaled the President with a pointed finger.
"Hello, my fellow Americans. I know we're in a dog-related crisis and we've tried solutions that have worked, but only temporarily. They're trashing our cities and spreading disease. I've heard that a child was mauled by a pack of stray dogs the other day." The old leader lied. "More terrible things like this will happen if we don't do anything. They will kill people. So that is why I've decided that...until the stray dog population has decreased, there shall be a stray dog season. I know this might sound terrible, but it's the only way. If we don't do anything soon, the dogs could take over. This is the last of my speech. Don't be stupid when hunting. Stray Dog Season starts in twenty-four hours. Good luck and good night my Americans." The President nodded and the man with the square glasses stopped the camera.
"Good job, Mister President." He murmured.
"Thank you." The old man grumbled and stood off his chair.
Every person in the office began to clap and stood up onto their feet.