Chapter Thirty

HARRY’S POV

                “Damn it, Wesley. Listen to me!” I desperately beg the drunk bastard to listen to me while he rambles on about something I can barely comprehend on the other line of the phone.

                “What do you want, Styles?” He slurs, hiccupping at the end.

                “Who is Logan Walker?”

                “Logan?” He pauses for a moment before laughing uncontrollably. The very second that he picked up the phone, I knew he was wasted, but that’s not much of a surprise to me. In fact, I’m kind of hoping that he will talk more about the subject while he’s intoxicated. It’s worth a shot.

                “Who is he?” I repeat, louder. A part of me wishes I was in England right now so I talk to him in person, rather than beg for him to listen to me over a phone call. Granted, this would be much easier if he weren’t so drunk, but I’ll take what I can get.

                “Logan?”

                “Yes.” My impatience is really audible in my voice, but I’m sure he can’t even use his brain well enough to detect it at this point on… Who even gets drunk on a school day? I silently curse Brooklyn’s choice in friends but listen carefully as he slowly starts speaking.

                “Logan Walker… Oh yeah, he’s my friend.”

                “Does he know Brooklyn?”

                “Know her? Oh, well yeah!” He hiccups again and I hear a doorbell go off on his end of the call. “Hold on, let me get the door…” I irritably rotate between tapping my foot on the floor and pacing around in circles as I listen to him shuffle to the door.  There are two voices in the background but I can’t really understand them. “Oh, hey guys! I was just talking to Harry about you two!”

                My eyes widen in terror and pure regret in the fact that I confided my fears in a drunken idiot… And, of course, Brook and Logan would be at his house minutes after.

                “Harry, want to talk to Logan? You can ask him your questions yourself!” Wesley slurs into the phone, causing me to hate him even more.

                “Harry?” Brooklyn must have taken the phone because I suddenly hear her voice loud and clear; and she sounds irritated. “Why did you call Wes?”

                “I just wanted to catch up with my best friend, why else?” I grumble with sarcasm laced in my voice.

                “He was asking about Logan!” Wesley pipes in. I can honestly say that if he was here, I would have strangled him by now.

                “Is someone jealous that I’m stealing his girlfriend?” I hear an unfamiliar voice say in the background, and I assume it’s Logan.

                I’m going to kill him.

BROOKLYN’S POV

                I shoot a dirty glare at Logan, causing him to hold up his hands to show his innocence, then return to the phone call. “You called Wesley to talk about Logan?”

                He hesitates to answer before nervously responding, “Y-yes. I’m sorry. I just had to know who he was.”

                It makes sense to me that Harry is concerned. I mean, with our relationship being in such an awkward position, I get that he’s worried about me being with another guy; especially the guy being Logan. I don’t want Harry to find out anything that has happened between Logan and I, though. If he found out, I don’t know what I would do.

                “Harry, call me next time you have questions, okay? I’d rather talk to you than have you get your information through a drunk Wesley.”

                “Yes, love. I’m sorry.”

                The way he says “love” makes my heart skip a beat, and I actually have to remind myself that he brought a girl to his hotel room. It does seem a little irrelevant to me, now, though. I mean, he didn’t sleep with her… And, I’m hanging out with Logan so I’m not exactly innocent either.

                “I’ll talk to you later. I love you?” I have to ask him the last part, not quite sure if he will say it back or not.

                “I love you, too, Brook. And I’m sorry for being such a fuck up. Every second since we fought felt like hell for me. I wasn’t sure what to do, and everything felt wrong. I’m sorry.”

                My eyes land on Logan, who is currently watching my every move with his captivating blue eyes. He has a smirk on his lips, and when he notices my gaze fall upon him, his eyes darken and he licks his lips, causing a deep red blush to rush onto my cheeks. I look away, but can’t help the immense guilt that I feel just by being with him right now. “It’s okay, I forgive you. I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

                “Okay, babe. I love you so much. Talk to you tonight.” He sounds so in love…

                “Bye, Harry.” I nearly choke on the words before hanging up and quickly giving Wesley back his phone, avoiding eye contact with Logan as I sit down on the bed, burying my head in my hands and allowing my shoulders to rock as the sobs take over my entire body.

Author's Note

Draaaamaaaa!

I don't have much to say right now aside from the usual vote/comment/share/fan! :) 

But what do you guys think Brooklyn is so worried about? Hm... I love hearing your thoughts and theories about what's going to happen next, so comment all your wildest ideas! :) Love you guys so much! Sadie xx