Chapter 5

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore!

•••••

Leila spent all her night thinking of her life like it was a movie playing in front of her. After it all had passed she sat to look at it from a distance. It always seemed hard when you were in the situation but when you looked at it from others eyes , from a distance you could know the lessons, the mistakes and the reasons. 10 years had passed since her parents passed away , she remembered them everyday but she always tried to make herself forget. It was difficult , after all who could forget their own parents. Leila wasn't the spoiled girl , they weren't rich and her parents were busy working but they never for once ignored her or her needs , she was their first priority always. They believed that all the work was for her and she needed them as a first need in life. They knew the importance of a family in a child's life. They were with her in her first step, first day of school, her first love, her graduation from highschool but unfortunately they couldn't be there for her first day of college of first day of her first job or even her first heartbreak. She loved them more than anything in her life she still did. Leila was miserable when they died that was why Jacob waited few months till he thought she was strong enough for another blow.

Jacob was always there for Leila which made it hard to believe why he chose his passion over her. He was thinking practically. He was on his first steps to achieve what he and his family wanted all his life and in his opinion Leila was an obstacle which he chose to step over and free himself from the responsibility of a girl in his early years, he was only 20 and didn't need a commitment to chain him down. He traveled and went to the college he wanted, he graduated and began his way peacefully not caring of what he left behind. He was that selfish towards his dream.

When Jacob said the words which broke Leila's heart and made her weak again , she just lost her parents and her lover left her behind not caring of what he had done to the poor girl. Leila refused to be easy target after that. She promised herself to be successful and to prove to herself that no one could ever tell her what to do or not to do. She wouldn't be 'clingy' anymore to people who didn't care in the first place. She went to the college with high spirits to be successful. She studied hard and worked part time to live. After college she was like a monkey hopping everywhere for Mr. Smith to let her have a chance after he got bored of the determined girl he let her work in his company. Mr Smith wasn't wrong when he thought she was determined and clever , she proved herself in short time and she kept promoting from one position to the other and when Mr. Smith felt his death coming he wrote his will and Leila was the one who would be the CEO after his death as he didn't have a heir and she was the perfect one to have such big position, he trusted her with his name and company.

When Mr. Smith died, Leila felt her second father died but she, again, took it as a motivation to be better. She didn't want the trust Mr smith put in her to be a mistake. And she proved him right again but now, he was under the ground to cheer for her.

After all the years she passed with hardships , Leila knew one lesson to last for her lifetime, she knew that her career was much more important than a man to love ,at least, your career wouldn't leave you or disappoint you like a man could.

•••••

Leila sat on the stairs watching the director and models walking around her

Leila sat on the stairs watching the director and models walking around her. It was a day of one advertisement from the many she was responsible to do for her customers. Whenever Leila felt bottled up she would sit and watch people work around her, she would sit in silence and people would work without acknowledging her presence , they are used to that long time ago.

It was still early in the morning but Leila felt already exhausted. It was rare for her to feel inactive but everyone had their days. Leila was so consumed in her surrounding that she didn't feel the presence coming her way.

Jacob ,as he promised, finished his work due that morning and went to give it to Leila. When he went to her office Mr. David told him she didn't come yet. To be honest with himself , Jacob got worried he knew that the 'Ms. Josef' wasn't one to be late specially when it was work. Finally, he decided to put off his mind of Leila and to focus on his work, deep down he wanted to impress Leila, why? He didn't know.

At lunch time, Jacob went to her office again but still she wasn't there so he asked Mr. David where she was , and he told him she was in the studio from early morning.

When he arrived there he saw Leila sitting on the stairs consumed in her surrounding. Looking at her like that he felt the old vulnerable girl he used to know. She was still beautiful as always, Jacob thought.

Approaching and sitting beside her , she still didn't notice his presence so he talked.

"What a humble boss!" Leila was startled and jumped a little then regained her posture and straightened her back without looking his was, of course she knew who was talking without looking. "Sitting on the stairs while supervising people." Jacob continued after noticing her attention.

"I'm not supervising anyone, if you're not blind, you'll see that I just watch people working not saying a word" she explained making sure to put the blind part as a harsh remark.

"I see, such a peaceful boss" Leila turned her head to see him finally. She noticed a bag in his hand with two boxes , it was clear that he had food with him. The thought of food made Leila remember her hunger , she didn't eat or drink since early morning and it was noon now.

"What do you want now ,Jacob?" He smiled when she didn't say mister before his name, it was right like that.

"As a good friend I am, I bring you lunch. Mr David told me you're here from early morning." He gave her her box and opened his

"Thanks, but..." She took the food then looked at him again "we are not friends anymore, Jacob, are we?" She shot and silence filled the air afterwards.