Chapter 14

Hearing a knock on the door, Leila calmly said 'come in' and Sarah entered slowly. Leila was surprised to see Sarah but she didn't let it appear.

"Ms. Josef, I want to ask a favour!" Sarah said cautiously and Leila nodded for her to talk.

"You see the work is so much on me and its tiring to think of different designs of different things at the same time I try to balance and I do great work till now but please can you at least hire a new designer to help" she was looking at Leila's face to see her reaction but it was expressionless.

"Okay, I'll think about it. Now can I see the new design?" Leila said and Sarah sighed in relief, she would think, that meant there was a chance to agree. She handed the drawings to Leila and sat on the chair in front if her desk waiting for any comments to edit on the designs.

"They are good. I see you don't disappoint me and I'm envious of your talent. You're such a creative mind" Sarah was delighted to hear such compliment from someone like Leila as she knew she wasn't one to sugarcoat her words.

"It's nothing" Sarah blushed.

"It is , didn't you see the shaky hands of the past designer, Sarah!" Leila said making Sarah laugh.

"What's this?" Leila asked amused when she passed by a ribcage-like bottle.

"Oh! I forgot to threw it what a shame. Sorry I don't intend to put it with the designs" Sarah's face was red from embarrassment.

"I like it" Sarah's head shot up when she heard these words.

"It's silly"

"Don't ever put your talent or work under your shoes, you have to let any negative thought outside your head to be creative. It's a new idea. You know what will happen if it failed and people criticize it?" Leila asked.

"It will be a great failure to our name" Sarah replied.

"Wrong." Sarah looked confused "if people talk about it that means they see it and dislike it but still they saw it and read the name of the company and will wait to see how we can improve or even if they don't wait. It's a win win situation. Once you get a reaction, you succeed. I'm not telling you to do bad designs and that will be a success I'm telling you to appreciate your work even when it fails to succeed." Leila's point of view was different and good, it gave Sarah a push to create more and to be confident about her new ideas.

"Thanks , Ms Josef" Sarah said and left her.

Leila called for her PA and David came in quickly. She didn't get his fear from her even after few months she did nothing to him.

"Yes, Ms Josef"

"I want the files of those designer I chose from the interview" she said and he nodded. "Ah, and sent me Mrs, Sophia from computer department" he again nodded and turned on his heels to go what she asked.

Few minutes later ,there was a knock on Leila's door and she said the usual 'come in' there stood a woman in her mid thirties with elegant business suit a d a formal bun.

"I'm Sophia, Ms Josef" she stretched her hand for a handshake and took a seat as Leila ordered.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Sophia. I send you to inform you about your promotion, you are now the manager of your department replacing Mr Jacob" Leila informed her and saw the glow in her eyes but still she maintained her formal look.

"Thanks for the promotion and I promise to do my best" with that Sophia left Leila continue her work. Now she could sit in peace with no Jacob to bug her every now and then.

Later that evening , David brought her 5 files of the designers she liked during the interview excluding Sarah. She met over 20 and liked only 5-6 of them. Degree wasn't the only condition she wanted.
She decided to hire the first one on the list as she had already arranged them according the ones she liked most then gradually decreasing.

The file said his name was Malik Aiden , 26 years with some experience in a well known company. She sent his file again to David to contact him and see if he was still up for the job.

•••••

Sarah texted Marya to tell her about Jacob and the breakup. She knew if she didn't tell her sooner she would be a drama queen. They both were alike in this criteria thought. Marya informed her that she was free at 6pm and they agreed to meet at their usual café. It was already 5:30 and Sarah was ready to wait for her friend for half an hour drinking Chocolate milkshake to give her power to the upcoming conversation.

Playing with the straw , Sarah jumped once she felt her stupid friend's fingers poking her in her waist to get her attention.

"Can't you for once act like a mature adult when you meet me. I'll die young because of you one day" Sarah scolded Marya but it fell on deaf ears like always.

"You won't stop with the scolding it gets old" Sarah rolled her eyes at her idiotic friend.

"Whatever" it was Marya's time to roll her eyes. They looked to each other and laughed not knowing why. Crazy friends, who don't have that kind of friend!

"Anyway, what with the sudden meeting?" Marya asked talking the glass from Sarah's hand casually as if it was hers and drank the remaining content.

"You could've ordered yours, stupid" Sarah complained but Marya shrugged her off.

"So?" Marya asked again knowing that Sarah was avoiding the question.

"We broke it up" Sarah said in quiet voice.

"Whaaat?" Marya literary screamed in her face but not loud enough to get everyone's attention. "Why?" She asked in calmer voice now.

"He doesn't love me"

"What's new in this?" Sarah glared at her blunt friend, she didn't need to remember this.

"Mary, he loves someone else all the time but still didn't tell me. It's my boss by the way, I heard them talk heatedly when I went to talk with him. You know the worst part is that she doesn't care about him anymore but he still think about her"

"The bastard. I knew he was but that was so low of him. Your boss and he didn't care to share the information." Marya approached Sarah, put her arms around her shoulder and wiped her tears, which were the first ones to fall since the breakup. "Don't worry Sue, I'll kick his butt when I see him. I told you before and I'll tell you now, he doesn't deserve your tears, it was time to get rid of the dirt in your life, girl" Sarah smiled a sad one for her friend who advised her from day one but she was in her fairytale waiting for Jacob to act like the prince.

That night was the first one , Sarah let her tears flow , it was when the shock stage subsided and the grief resurfaced. She cried till sleep snatched her from her sad thoughts. The only question was how could she be do blind and stupid to see that he was bad for her! Everyone told her but she kept her hold on his arms even he was pushing her. Going to work the next day was like fighting in a war , she barely slept and she was exhausted from all her crying. Curse you love. She muttered angrily when she saw her puffy eyes and blotched face. She was sure it wouldn't be her day.

She arrived early at work 'cause she didn't want her parents to see her like the messy creature she was that morning, so she rested her face on her arm on her office desk waiting for when the clock ticks saying it was 9am.

"Oh lord ,please no...." A voice startled her rest.

•••••

Hey guys don't forget to

Vote

&

Comment 💬

It makes my day ;)

Love