The Battle Within Chapter 1

My left foot went tingly, then my leg, then my hip. It kept spreading, all the way up my body, now is one of the times I wish I had been given eyes so I could see what’s happening. I can't feel my tummy, or maybe it's just because I'm nervous. Slowly and painfully I gain feeling in my body again, she changed it again I must have been looking odd. Thankfully I now have a set of misty green eyes so I can see. I am now wearing medieval like clothing, covered in a chain looking substance. Strung over my back is a pack of arrows and a wooden bow. Hanging around my hip is my iron sword. If Chelsea would allow it I would happily go into battle this second, I am prepared. 

"Chelsea, get down here right now!" someone whom I assume is Chelsea’s mum shouts. "Coming Mum," she replies and leaves before she can finish drawing the background for me, yes that right I'm a drawing- surprise, surprise! I crawl around the page until I can see Chelsea's room, she's changed it again, she has green carpet with posters and drawing covering the walls except one, its bright orange and her bed is pushed up against it, covered in what looks like a million pages of paper full of lines. Lines!!! Why would you waste your time on drawing lines when you can draw warriors like me? Or at least hopeful warriors...

I hear the sound of footsteps approaching so I quickly scurry back to my original spot with my fire red hair blowing behind me, one arm raised above my head holding my sword high and the other on my hip. Chelsea sighed and sat back down, she picked up a pencil and kept drawing, I stood still watching trees and animals surround the space I have never had to share, she never has been happy with how I look before now. I guess I won't feel that tingly feeling anytime soon.

"Chelsea you better not be drawing again- it's such a waste of time!" Chelsea's mum shouts. "Don't worry mum, I'm studying," Chelsea shouts, "how to draw" she whispers. I hide my smirk; Chelsea always has the best comebacks. The shapes and lines around me are getting sharper, harder, as if she wants to destroy me. Thankfully she calms down before she rips the page. I'm safe for another night.

Chelsea moves away to the bed full of lined paper and starts writing on it. What a waste. I lower my arm and put away my sword. Chelsea has fallen asleep on her bed. I wonder around this new scene, checking out what has been created, when I hear a shout. I look around then shake my head, no one is here this is my page. "Hey, you over there!" it called again. I turned and looked in the direction it was coming from. "Hello?" I said. "Hey, can you help me please?" It called. I followed the sound of this voice- lucky for us the humans can't hear us. "Where are you?" I ask again. "Over here," the voice replied.  I look around this huge tree and I see him, he has a greenish tinge to his skin and has large bat like ears, big brown eyes and a vine holding him against a tree. "Who are you?" I ask. "I'm Gobblesmack, can you help me please?" "Sure," I answer, unsure of what else to say. "How did you get here?" I ask him. "I'll answer that when you help free me." He replies. I slowly cut the vine being careful not to hurt him. Once he's free he starts to run, away from me, deeper into the woods. "Oi Gobblesmack, where are you going?" I shout. He doesn't reply, he just keeps running not looking back. After what feels like forever he finally stops. "What was that about?" I ask, panting. Again he doesn't reply. He starts climbing this huge tree. "What are you doing?" I shout. He just keeps climbing. I follow him, he's almost at the top of the tree when he slips and starts falling. I gasp and reach out to grab him, thinking that he's only small and shouldn't weigh much. I was wrong. We both fell to the ground with a thud.

I black out.

 Hey guys please give me feed back it will be much appreciated! Xxoo

The Battle WithinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara